Friday, March 05, 2021

Letter "J" -- Weekend Roundup

THE TENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES) - the Letter "J" Prompts are: (A) Starts with the Letter "J"; (B) "Jam" (Tom's Choice); (C) A Favorite; (D) A Lagniappe.  

 _ _ _ _ 

[A cute Thank You card]

(A) Starts with the Letter "J":   Just starts with "J".  Just is an overworked little four letter adverb telling when or how, often meaning recently or exactly.  Like just in time or just what I needed. 
Also as an adjective meaning fair, as the judge delivered a just opinion

I found these cute kittens on the Thank You card saying "Just wanted to thank you."  The card was in our World Market here in Katy on Fry Road near Hwy 99 yesterday afternoon.  I found some more photo op items also.

[Courtesy of Houston NBC TV station K P R C  Ch 2]

Just fine, our Houston area weather for next week.  Like we had it before the snow and power problems.


(B) "Jam" (Tom's Choice);   Lots of imported Jam over in the food section of our World Market.

.
[click on picture two times for extra large size]
(C) A Favorite:   I like Peach Apricot Jam, these are from Scotland.  But I like Seedless Blackberry better, it is one of my Favorites.  Blueberry also but I'm not sure with the pomegranate as I've never tasted pomegranate. 


(D.1) A Lagniappe:   Jelly Beans should have to fit in here but we will have to make do with Jelly Bellies because I couldn't find any Jelly Beans at the World Market. 

[Photo tribute to ABC News Network]
(D.2) Another Lagniappe:   This "J" Word is Jump.  With the technology at this moment we might could take a spaceship to the Moon or to Mars.  But on the return when your spaceship first hits the ground you'd best Jump out real fast!!  Really fast!!!  The only three spacecraft tried out so far have burst into flames and lifted again from the launching/landing pad in a ball of fire

Come on Baby, Light my Fire 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj405bbDsoY 

Written and sung by Rock Singer, Jim Morrison.  Born in the U.S.A, Jim died young at age 27 and is buried in the Père Lachaise Cemetery in Paris. (Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Morrison )
  _ _ _ _ 

Bonus Questions: 
 
(1)  Tell about your craving for Jam and if there is some experience you'd like to share that would be just fine. We I am fickle to my Favorite, Seedless Blackberry, that I stated above.  I equally like Home Made Fig Preserves.  

A story about those .  We had a friend who lived in Galveston and whom we helped when we could.  I will call her Flo.  Flo liked Ms. Jim's homemade fig preserves and always asked us to bring some.  If we were eating then with her we would watch as she ate about half a jar and all the fig pieces in the jar.  She also would do that at our house with our fig preserves.  Flo died the same year that my dad and Mrs. Jim's mom died, she was fairly old.

(2) What is your favorite Word starting with  "J"?   Mine today will be "Jim, James, Jimmy, Jimmie".   Because that is my name.  My Birth Certificate says James Vernon, my Dad's name was Charles Vernon.  But they called him Jim when around, or Vernon when it was more formal.  He liked C. Vernon.  Anyway, so I became 'Little Jim' to those around me.  I'm not that anymore though, Dad died in 2007 at age 97.  And I had several nicknames, none of which stuck into adulthood.  Oh yes, Grandpa H was Charles or Charley."

(3) Anything else you were reminded of here that you  would like to tell about? 

My going blogs:

Jim's Little Blog, http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/

Jim's Little Photo and Picture Place, http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/

Jim's little Christmas tree farm,  http://jimmiehov7.blogspot.com/, and  

Ask Dr. Jim (blog), http://jimmiehov8.blogspot.com/ 

Cars I have owned (32 including the Golf Car)  http://jimmiehov3.blogspot.com/2021/01/cars-i-have-owned-toy-cars-not-listed.html 

Adi Pictures and Information.   Click here, Link to Adi's Meme   Adi died in 2012.

 _ _ _ _ 

 Fine print stuff: 

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews

 - I did not link this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 
..

https://genius.com/The-doors-light-my-fire-lyrics
[Intro]

[Verse 1]
You know that it would be untrue
You know that I would be a liar
If I was to say to you
Girl, we couldn't get much higher

[Chorus]
Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire

[Verse 2]
The time to hesitate is through
No time to wallow in the mire
Try now we can only lose
And our love become a funeral pyre

[Chorus]
Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire
Yeah... 

[Verse 2]
The time to hesitate is through
No time to wallow in the mire
Try now we can only lose
And our love become a funeral pyre


[Chorus]
Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire
Yeah

[Verse 1]
You know that it would be untrue
You know that I would be a liar
If I was to say to you
Girl, we couldn't get much higher

[Chorus]
Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire
Try to set the night on fire
Try to set the night on fire
Try to set the night on fire

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
I like jam and jelly beans, and the letter J too cause my name starts with it. :)
have good weekend
 
Hi Jim,
I like jam and jelly beans, too. I also, posted a photo of my favorite jam, Sour Cherry! It really is delicious, nothing sour about it! Dunkin Donuts came out with their brand of iced coffee jelly beans, I have not tried those yet. I do like coffee, so the combo might not be bad. I hope you have a great weekend and week ahead! Take care, Jim.
Dawn
 
...JUST may may be an overused word, but it comes in handy!
...the week that you had was a killer iin many ways!
...I had blueberry JAM that I made on my toast this morning. I also made pomegranate jelly, it's a favorite.
...JELLY Bellies JELLY Beans are a sign of season.
...JIM Morrison's death was tragic.
Thanks JIM for stopping by. Take care.
 
I like Blackcurrant and Raspberry jam although nowadays do not eat jam as it has so much sugar in it only when out having a scone! J of Joy. It is good to have joy in your life for a variety of reason and also it is good to bring JOY into other people's lives. I did not fall as such but collapse and was unconscious and I did have someone with me and she did all the right things until the ambulance can to take me to hospital. Home and recovering but it is a slow process now. Thanks for your comment and have a great weekend.
 
Hi Jim, who nicknamed himself "the other GEM" on my blogs, since Jeepers! You also have green-eyes.
Your posts are always so creative. Since I was reading an old blog of mine, I reread a comment of yours there, so hopped over here via the link. Reading some of an old blog of mine reminded me of how much I dearly miss writing on a blog and reading the comments from readers.

I shall return another night to participate by answering your questions, although probably not in a Jiff.
BTW, do you like the peanut butter "Jif"?
I'm about to listen to the familiar song you post.
(This is Gel, BTW)

 
Oh my gosh! My favorite jam is apricot! Recently, I tried using it with cooked lamb instead of the traditional mint jelly. Yum! Try that.

-Gel
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?