Friday, July 02, 2021

Letter "A" -- -- Weekend Roundup and Street/Reflections

HAPPY JULY 4th DAY !!!

[Photo courtesy of Channel  
2 TV Houston, Weather] 

(a.k.a. "Independence Day")
- - -
A NEW SERIES of ALPHABET posts STARTS TODAY 
(means we are half way through the year!!) 

THE FIRST LETTER FOR THIS SERIES:

 - The Letter "A" Prompts are: (A) Starts with the Letter "A"; (B) "Ample" (Tom's Choice); (C) A Favorite; (D) Street/Reflections; and (E) A Lagniappe. 

 - - - - 

[click picture once or twice for larger or larger still view] 

(A) Starts with the Letter "A":  Asleep starts with "A".  These guys "sleep a lot," I bought the stuffed Snoopy dog in Omaha, Nebraska, in 1975 before Christmas on sale at Macy's.  The puppy I bought for Adi in 2011 but hadn't given it to her before she died in 2012.  I keep that one to remind me of how nice a dog she was. (Adi's meme)


(B) "Ample" (Tom's Choice):   "Ample" time to make this blog post ready for Friday, now one minute past midnight Thursday morning. 

Since I am the worrywart type I like to have Ample supplies around and always be ready.  The blog will be ready shortly and I'll post it tomorrow morning. 

p.s. I write most all my posting here using my old Galaxy 8 smart cell phone.  Even the picture postings.  I tweak and spell check again with Mrs. Jim's computer if I have time.

[Photo courtesy of our ABC13 TV Channel promotion] 

(C) A Favorite:  I like this capture because of the '68 Chevy Malibu that is like, even the color, Mrs. Jim's car when we were married.  I plan to see Jordana Brewster driving it in the latest movie episode of "The Fast and Furious."


(D) Street/Reflections:  I got caught taking this one by the younger great granddaughter .  These two greats have excellent appetites and like most foods.  


(E.1) A Lagniappe:   This year's Father's Day gathering.  All five of the kids came, some grandchildren, greats, and the youngest great-great.  Spouses too.  The children are getting old too, the youngest son is 61 and one younger daughter is still in her forties.  

Three are married, our older daughter is a new widow, her husband died of the COVID-19, and the oldest son has been retired a for a few years.  


We ate at my favorite Mexican restaurant in the Heights, 
Berryhill In The Heights
 (of Houston).

(E.2) A second Lagniappe:  Carryover from last week, Our neighbor's McLaren is plenty Zippy.  It is a 2014 McLaren, 

2014 McLaren MP4-12C Coupe: Review, Trims, Specs, Price ... (link

I still have not ridden in it "yet''.

(E.3) A Third Lagniappe: "Surfside Beach, also known locally as Surfside, is a city in Brazoria CountyTexas, United States, that is situated on Follet's Island by the Gulf of Mexico near the city of Freeport. The population was 482 at the 2010 census.[5] . . ."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surfside_Beach,_Texas


 - - - - 

Fine print stuff: 

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law 
 - - - - 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
I love snoopy, one year for Christmas, when my younger sister were kids. one of my other brother's
had just got his first paycheck. he went out and bought us toys, mine was a big green snoopy.

you have a very cool family.
have a fun and safe 4th of July.
 
...dogs ASLEEP,who would have thought!
...I ALWAYS like to have AMPLE time and things!
...A nice favorite.
...Some of my grandkids have good APPETITES and some are picky eaters.
Enjoy your July 4th weekend, Jim.
 
Great family shot.
 
Happy 4th of July, Jim! I like that family photo that was taken just a few weeks ago on Father's Day. I'm very sorry to hear of your daughter losing her husband to COVID. My husband and I have both been fully vaccinated now, hopefully it will keep us from getting the awful virus. Have a good week!
Dawn
 
I love the pic of your great granddaughter catching you taking the pic. She is adorable!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?