Friday, September 24, 2021

Letter "M" -- -- Weekend Roundup and Street/Reflections

THE THIRTEENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES - The Letter "M" Prompts are: (A) Starts with the Letter "M"; (B) "Metal" (Tom's Choice); (C) A Favorite; (D) Street/Reflections; and (E) A Lagniappe. 

 - - - - 


(A) Starts with the Letter "M":   Maruchan Instant Lunch is my favorite go-to meal when Mrs. Jim and I differ on evening meal choices.   For instance she might decide to have oatmeal which makes me gag.  

Those times I generally make a soup of it instead of a lunch.  Making it a soup merely involves adding more hot water. The ingredients are dried, Ramen Noodles, a few vegetables, a few shrimp, dried beef or other, and then a dash of flavor.  It can be spicy or natural.  

 - For Shrimp soup to Most times a Shrimp flavored base I add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of frozen peas, slightly cooked, in the heating water along with about three shrimp cut up into five or six little pieces.  

Then I add a dash of Creole Seasoning powder to suit my slightly hot taste.  I generally have another nine or ten shrimp, depending on size, to eat with Shrimp Sauce or Sweet and Sour Sauce and some saltine crackers with Cheddar cheese.
 
 - For Beef soup  I will hopefully (I don't always buy any of the beef lunch), add the same stuff except that for the beef I substitute one large sized frozen Meat ball, thawed and cut into 8-16 pieces, and heated with the slightly cooking frozen peas. 

 - I like the latter because I can mush chew this without having to put in my top dentures.


(B) "Metal" (Tom's Choice):   This is my left knee, it has a Titanium Metal joint that "we" exchanged for the old knee joint in 2011.  You can see it protruding, but not through my skin, like a door hinge.  Its bottom is above the short dark line about a fourth of the way up in the picture. 

(C) A Favorite:  "M" and "L" countries I've visited (I missed posting the "L's" last week):

Latvia 

Liechtenstein (2 times visited)

Lithuania 

Maldives 

Mauritius 

Mexico (lots and lots of times visited)*

Monaco 

Mozambique 

*Note:  most Mexico visits were entered from El Paso when I was in the Army stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas. 

(D) Street/Reflections:  Dubai classroom taken through the window.  Note the teacher's "Magic Behavior Wand".



(E.1) A LagniappeMountain Range in South Africa near Capetown.  Sorry, the area is filled with Mountain Ranges and I couldn't figure out which one this is as there are several in the area.  It was across the Freeway that we took from Capetown getting to the wild life refuge where we had our "Safari".

(E.2) Another LagniappeMy two Ford Mustangs, a 1974 Mustang II Ghia and a 1998 Mustang GT Convertible
  - - - - - 

Fine print stuff

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 

 - Click Here for countries I've visited.
.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
..."M"aruchan Instant Lunch, I'll pass and a PBJ.
...the only "M"etal in he is my pacemaker.
...you get around "M"ore than "M"e!
...a "M"agic Behavior Wand wouldn't fly here today.
...the "M"ountain Range looks "M"ighty nice.
...what no E "M"ustange?
Thanks Jim for stopping by.

 
Love the shot for street photography Jim and that is a lovely shot of the mountain ranges. Stay safe and have a great week ahead.
 
Beautiful blog
 
Proud to say I have never eaten ramen noodles! No metal in this body, touch wood!

 
Enjoyed reading your post. I like ramen noodles occasionally, but haven't had any for a long time. Wouldn't mind a ride in one of those Mustangs. Nice! Happy Saturday!
 
Türkiye'den sevgiler.
 
love the soup, and the clouds!
you2 take care
 
I.e. Love from Turkey.
Wev'e been to Turkey a couple of times, well worth going.
..
 
Nice pics! I especially like the mountains. Thanks for reminding me that it's lunch time. :-)
 
Hi Jim,
Maruchan Instant Lunch meals are not bad, they just have a little too much sodium in them for me. I usually always, look to buy unsalted or low sodium items, when they're available. Bouillon, now comes in Sodium Free, I use Herb-ox. I love the Mustangs from the mid to late 60's! They sure were nice! I like how you used "metal" this week. Sounds like the knee replacement was a good choice, you've had it for 10 years! Have a good week, Jim.
Dawn

 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?