Friday, September 16, 2022

Letter "K" -- Friday's Weekend Roundup 09 / Reflections and-or Street/Candid Captures

  - Tom's posting prompts: This "Week's Prompts, Starts with "K." A Favorite. - "King".

 - James' wishes for our Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures
 _ _ _ _ 


Starts with "K":   Kangaro starts with "K".   In 2013 the kangaroos and other animals that we saw when we visited the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary in Brighton, Tasmania were so very much for learning new stuff. (more

Just last Tuesday an Australian man was killed by his pet Kangaro.  Google will probably tell about this.

Adi wonders if she will get to eat with us

 
A FavoriteKites are a favorite of mine, but I haven't flown one for a long, long, time.  Have you.

This is a different kind of Kite, a family name.

The service was good, the guest minister, Dr. Joe Kite, gave a fiery sermon. He was about a year older than me, both of us slightly younger than Methuselah. He had a keen sense of humor. Since he didn't know us, he looked our way a lot; sure he didn't want to miss an opportunity for a convert.

The piano player played like church music should be played in a Louisiana country church. Her grandmother was a cousin of some sorts to the five cousins.
 
Excerpted from (read our escapade from this link below)
 http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2006/06/family-reunion-ii-meeting-of-five.html  

Adi was our Beagle dog.  She and I were a registered Pet Therapy pair.  (Adi's meme )





Tom's choice, "King":   The big news this weekend was King Charles III of England.  Our favorite Queen, Queen Elizabeth II died, mainly of old age.  She was 96, that's the age my dad was when he died.  Here you saw King Charles III greeting the crowd on his way into the Hillsborough Castle in Northern Ireland. 

The beginning of the line, Officially, to honor the Queen deceased

Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures:  The people were lined up yesterday for over four miles to do homage to Queen Mary II who died last Thursday at age 96. (My post last week) But when they reached this point they were officially in the line.  May she RIP.
_ _ _ _ 

The Fine print stuff:

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra-large.] 

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link is here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 
 
_ _ _ _ 

Comments:
Ive seen Kangaroos once when I visited Brisbane some years ago, they are cute but I've heard they can be quite vicious.
 
...a KANGAROO is a great K word.
...an interesting KITE!
...I will never understand this KING and Queen stuff.
Thank Jim for stopping by.
 
I saw that story about the killer kangaroo. Beware of what you keep for a pet. Oh, I just got a Beagle puppy.
 
Linds, I am sooo glad that you now have your Beagle pet. This is our beagle, Adi's meme, written by her. Adi died in 2013. It is her history of sorts. But she doesn't tell nearly all that she has been through. Having growing pains was one; she literally chewd open wallboard and linoleum flooring. When left alone she had worries we wouldn't return?
..
Read it here
https://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2008/04/adi-about-me-little-meme.html?m=1
..
 
Please read my post
 
Hi Jim,
Nice pictures! I always wanted to visit Australia, and to see the Great Barrier Reef. And, as much as I'd love to see a kangaroo in the wild, I guess for now, I'll just have to see them in a zoo. I also read the story about the man that was killed by his pet kangaroo. Yikes! I love the Royal Family. The Queen's passing was a sad day for everyone, and her funeral service was lovely. Have a great rest of your week!
Dawn
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?