Friday, December 09, 2022

Letter "W" -- Friday's Weekend Roundup 09 / Reflections and-or Street/Candid Captures

 - Tom's Requests: Starts with "W"; A Favorite; and Tom's suggestion, "White". 
 - James' request, Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures.  
 _ _ _ _ 

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Nomad Wagon (googled)
[from a TV ad that I've forgotten its product]

Starts with "W":  Wagons, from horse and human drawn to station wagon automobiles have been a part of humans' culture and convenience.  Did you ever wonder about the now forgotten inventor of the wheel?

A Favorite:   This year's NYC annual Rockefeller Plaza Christmas Tree is a favorite mine and many others.  An average of 800 thousand persons will be viewing it each day until after Christmas.  You've just now virtually joined the crowd.

Tom's suggestion, "White":   Pure Snow is White.  It lays on the ground and other flat surfaces.  Humans and animal are the worst offenders to change its pearly color, generally to shares of yellow and gray.

The white in this crafted ice skating rink mostly comes from a well bleached bed sheet.  It is a part of one of the two toy train scenes crafted, assembled, and now being displayed in the foyer of our church.  

Both children and adults stop for their imaginations' workouts

I will be posting more of it again on my annually updated Christmas tree farm blog, (https://jimmiehov7.blogspot.com/  ).  



James' request, Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures:  Sightseers on a Lisbon, Portugal Tram, a.k.a. Street Car.  Like the one we rode for over an hour, all over town, up and down its steep hills.




A Lagniappe:   Watching the World Cup playoffs on TV 


A Notice:  Now that Thanksgiving has past, I am posting my first Christmas Tree on my Christmas Tree Farm blog.  See it at 
 _ _ _ _


- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra-large.] 

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (click here, Link, for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 
..

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
...Jim, my favorite WOULD be the '57 Chevy Nomad WAGON. Back then it WASN"T a popular model, but now it's expensive done to so few being made.
... the Rockefeller Plaza Christmas Tree is always WONDERFUL.
...I forgot to WATCH the WORLD Cup playoffs on TV. Oh WELL, perhaps next time.
Thanks Jim for stopping by.
 
That last staged shot of watching the world Cup is brilliant Jim and I love the Christmas tree. Christmas is such a special time and a time for reflection. Great street photographs also. I hope you have a great week ahead.. In a few days I am heading off to Australia to my daughter and her family for over a month.
 
Ah, the 57 Chevy… I don’t remember anyone having it as a station wagon. The sedan was enormously popular and is still an all-time favorite for many people.
 
I adore old vintage cars especially those from the 1950s and 1960s. That tree is huge, don't know if I've ever seen one that big.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?