Monday, September 25, 2006

A Few of Jim's Toys

.
Grown boys have toys. Some toys are big, some are small. These are fairly small.

Front row, right to left:

Green 1960 Ford Galaxy Fordor Hardtop. Plastic. Ford dealer promotion car from Dad's collection.

Beige 1955 Ford Thunderbird with removable top. Die cast 1:24 Scale. Gift from friend, Ray.

aqua 1964 Ford Falcon Sport Coupe. Plastic. Ford dealer promotion car from Dad's collection.

Back row, right to left:

Silver 1958 Vespa 150 Grand Sport. Die cast 1:18 scale Maisto. Gift (cost 7.00 Euro) from myself, as a souvenir from Sicily.

M1 Hummel Club girl--early 1990s--Ich bring Dir was (I Brought You a Gift). From Mom's collection.

M1 Hummel Club boy, membership year 1992/93--stamped 1989--Ein frohlicher Gessell (Lucky Fellow). From Mom's collection.

Setting:

Late 1800s or early 1900s writing desk. From Dad's office, inherited from his Aunt Minnie.



Notes:
1. I have not had any of these vehicles full scale as drivers.
....One I have had a similar model two years older.
....One I have never had this model of vehicle.
....I'll tell you later, in a couple of days how close I came.
2. None of these toys are very valuable, the Hummel figures are worth the most. I do not have the boxes for them.

3. You can click on the picture for full screen. Then do function key 11 for a larger view. F-11 key restores header information, "Back" button returns to blog.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Nice models Jim, are those Custard Apples in the post below?
 
Nice toys.
 
Hello Jim, Nice collection of cars. My uncle has a huge collection of model cars. Many of them have been collected in the USA.
 
Nice toys Jim. Love the desk too!!
 
Peter -- Those are what we call 'horse apples.' They aren't edible. I checked on your Custard Apples, they sound pretty good.

I have a fairly comprehensive post about them for July 2, 2006. The link about horse apples there isn't the best, better is
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/54097/

Other common names are Osage Orange and Hedge Apple. They are native to this area (maybe the Spaniards brought them in with horses?).

You can do a Technorati search, put apple in the little red search this blog box just below my Site Meter. It found thirteen blogs about these apples for me.
..
 
Nice models Jim. I really like that desk.
 
I just popped in to say, Thank You for the birthday wishes.
 
You like old Ford's just like your Dad, eh Jim??
 
Nice cars Jim, my 3 year old loves cars plays with them for hours, Im sure he would like to get his hands on them.
 
nice models jim i love the Hummels i have 2 lovely ones my late husband bought me when he went to Germany
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?