Thursday, December 14, 2006
Twenty-one candidates for the new seven Wonders of the World:
Leave a comment on the tree(s) you like, if you like.
Check out the 21 contenders for the New 7 Wonders of the World competition.
Click on any one to read more about it, most have a picture.
1. Acropolis, Greece - - - - Jim's been there - - - - - -
2. Alhambra, Spain - - - - Jim's been there - - - - - -
3. Angkor, Cambodia
4. Christ Redeemer Statue, Brazil
5. Colosseum, Italy - - - - Jim's been there - - - - - -
6. Easter Island, Chile
7. Eiffel Tower, France - - - - Jim's been there - - - - - -
8. Great Wall of China - - - - Jim's been there - - - - - -
9. Hagia Sophia, Turkey - - - - Jim's been to Turkey but not there- - - - - -
- Oops!! Went there now, in the summer of 2014 (it is in Istanbul)
10. Kiyomizu Temple, Japan
11. Kremlin and St. Basil's Cathedral, Russia - - - - Jim's been there - - - - - -
12. Machu Picchu, Peru
13. Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany - - - - Jim's been there - - - - - -
14. Petra, Jordan - - - - Jim's been there - - - - - -
15. Pyramid at Chichen Itza, Mexico - - - - Jim's been to Mexico but not there- - - - - -
16. Pyramids of Giza, Egypt - - - - Jim's been there - - - - - -
17. Statue of Liberty, New York - - - - Jim's been there - - - - - -
18. Stonehenge, Britain - - - - Jim's been there - - - - - -
19. Sydney Opera House, Australia (Oops again!! Been there now, in January, 2013)
20. Taj Mahal, India
21. Timbuktu, Mali
CAST YOUR VOTE
Access www.new7wonders.com and you'll be given two options:
• Register as a New7Wonders member and get seven free votes.
• Vote separately for your favorite candidate and receive a personalized New7Wonders Certificate featuring that monument for $2.
Deadline: It's July 6, 2007, with winners announced the following day.
This is per the Houston Chronicle, December 10, 2006 (print edition)(link)
I liked King Ludwig II. In fact, he may have been a distant relative of mine.
Cute but I had a turn sideways to watch it (Adi)!
Tue Dec 12, 07:39:25 PM CST
I forgot to mention. I don't have software to turn it (Adi) right.
Tue Dec 12, 08:09:34 PM CST
Cliff Morrow said...
btw, was it hard to get Adi to lay beside that Christmas tree??
Tue Dec 12, 08:26:13 PM CST
happy and blue 2 said...
The tree site is cool. It's hard to pick favorites. I like pretty much all of them..
Wed Dec 13, 06:54:12 AM CST
Links to this post: