Friday, January 18, 2008
What is there about the Geico Guy, Caveman, that you want to know?
Mrs. Jim, Granddaughter Jenna who is a student there, and I visited the University of Houston last week. We found this cardboard fellow standing there, Jenna obliged me for a picture.
Before we went, we had lunch at the Casa Olé Mexican Restaurant. Everything was very good. All of us had an enchilada plate, each was different.
Before you get upset about the phone, please review these: (link)
NEW REVISED RULES OF CELL PHONE USAGE ETIQUETTE IN RESTAURANTS
1. Lay the phone on the table as soon as you sit down. This prevents so much annoyance to other patrons. Generally you can catch it on the first ring that way instead of fumbling through your pockets or purse to find the machine.
2. Talk no louder than you need. It is the loud cell phone talk that bothers other people. Besides loud talking disturbs others who are trying to use their cell phones.
3. Keep your conversation short.
4. Laugh quietly, not out loud! (LOL)
5. For an extended conversation or for more privacy go outside or to an unoccupied area.
6. Do not make unnecessary calls. A quick check on the kids, grandma, or your dog, and the like, is probably necessary now and then.
7. It is better to call while sitting in the restaurant than driving your car. This goes especially for text messaging (unless you have memorized the key placement and routine--like you did in touch typing).
(c. jimmiehov 2007)
(Not everyone likes these new rules.)
daughter you have there. Glad you all had a nice lunch together. (See what I mean about Jim's Bunch eating
AGAIN !!) Good rules of etiquette for phones. I do not have a cell phone. I am blessed to have lots of good friends and I guess that is because I have lived a long time and
accumulate them along the way.
Take care, Regards, Merle.
myself and family had a lovely time at my home over holidays.. the weather was so hot the pool was used everyday
My daughter, Bonnie, is now attending North Harris Community College (newly named "Lone Star" college. She has classes at three different campuses this semester, the regular campus at North Harris, Montgomery campus in the Woodlands and Kingwood campus. Boy, is she putting some miles on her car. She is going for a degree in Machanical Engineering and the classes she needed up scattered.....
When TF and I go out to eat, we leave our cell phones in the car. Not because we don't want to talk to anyone else but because we want to talk to each other.
Pass the enchiladas, please. Wait, never mind. They're not on the approved list of my new eating plan. boohoo.
HECKWITHIT! I'm going to Gringo's today. See you later.
That food looks so good!
I have heard people talking so loud into their cell phones at restaurants. I heard all the information they were saying!! The rules you posted are good ones for cell phone use!
Great looking family Jim!!
Our Governor is a Republican so I have a good idea which party affilation the loud talker was. :)
sorry it's been so long since I've been over.
the food sounds good!
hope ya all are warm, it was 9 this morning ,but we are up to 16 now woohoo! :)
have a great weekend
The caveman ones are funny, and the one awhile back where the wife says, "Does this dress make me look fat?", and the hubby says without a moment's hesitation, "You BETCHA!!"
Hello, granddaughter of Mr. & Mrs. Jim!!!
I'm glad you had a nice lunch and visit.
What about cell phone rules in the movie theater!!!
My mother doesn't turn off her phone, and one time she actually took a call DURING a movie. My daughter and I wanted to bop her on the head, as did the rest of the theater goers around us.
Links to this post: