Friday, January 23, 2009

Aboard the Queen Mary 2 -- Our holiday, or vacation from retirement life, Part Three

This is a part of a work in progress, more will follow (I hope). Click here to read what else I have posted about our Holiday at Sea.

Here are some pictures I took from the Queen Mary 2 of Port Everglades before we pulled the anchor up. I had them posted on my other blog, JIM'S LITTLE PHOTO AND POEM PLACE, and decided people here needed to see them also.


(click any picture for larger view)
.
These pretty sky pictures are Fort Lauderdale pictures. We were on the Queen Mary 2 just hanging around until we left Port Everglades. Others were leaving, we were not.


Finally we left and 'sailed' away towards the South Caribbean. Our first stop was Curacao. Click here to read about our trip. It is a work in progress, more will follow (I hope).

Eleven days later we returned to this port but the pretty skies weren't there in the morning.


Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Jim, I love sunsets!! I would love to take a cruise someday, but TF gets sea sick....
 
Dear Jim,
wonderful ship and sky pictures.
You must have had a splendid time cruising the Caribbean.

Only cruises i have been to, are bridge cruises over the North Sea to New Castle. In December. 6 consecutive years.
The we run into this horrible storm.
Now my brother has to play bridge on his own in December..

I am happy to learn that Adi is doing fine.
You had me worried there for a bit.
From Felisol
 
Hi Jim ~ ~ I enjoyed reading more about your trip. The photos were nice also. Sounds like you had a
wonderful time. The sky sure looked different on your return.
Glad you enjoyed the blonde joke.
Thanks for wishing Carol a happy birthday. Take care, Regards, Merle.
 
Now there's a sunset! Glad you got some time off from retirement.
 
Such good photo's Jim. I am so glad you had such a good time on your vacation from retirement life. Thanks for all your encouraging things and advice that you give me on my blog. I always look forward to hearing from you. Your a good man, Mr. Jim!
 
Hi Jim, They're nice pictures of the sunsetting, It must be quite a thrill getting ready to up anchor and cruise off in to the sunset. Bob.
 
see my comment on sss patch captain dinner and PICTURE of same
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?