Saturday, March 28, 2009

Today, March 28th, is National Something on a Stick Day


I know I'm supposed to be abstaining from blogging (my promise) for a bit but I just couldn't resist posting this. Janell, of One Square Mile, this is essentially the comment I left you this morning.

I subscribe to a 'watch your weight while eating and still be healthy' daily newsletter put out by Hungry Girl
. Your eating all those candy birds reminded me of her.

Hungry Girl has a recipe for Good Chick Lollipops (
link).

"PER SERVING (2 skewers): 190 calories, 3.5g fat, 315mg sodium, 9g carbs, 1g fiber, 1g sugars, 28g protein -- POINTS® value 4*

Who says you can't have lollipops for dinner?"

They are made from chicken breast strips, battered, stuck on a popcycle stick, and baked. That sounds really good!

You can subscribe to her newsletter here


BTW, I have some Blue Bunny Crunch Lite ice cream bars in the freezer to eat if Mrs. Jim doesn't make these for me today.

I must be patriot and pay respect to
National Something on a Stick Day.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
The three stooges movie would have different characters if I made it up.
I'm on a diet except when I'm eating.

Golf is for tough folks here in Nebraska,,,so far.

Have a good trip. Lucky you.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?