Thursday, December 31, 2009
Random Dozen -- Year End (2009)
- - - - - - - - - - -
I seldom do this but this one bears some utility. So I will answer selected questions and stuff the rest in at the bottom so you could see how ridiculous things like this can be.
1. Do you find it gross to share drinks with family? Friends?
Family, okay when they aren't looking. I always drink the last dregs out of the can if stuff in there is still cool and fresh.
2. What have you learned this year? (You didn't see a question of that weight coming, did you? At least not for #2.)
I learned that I spend too much time on frivolous stuff because somehow I never have enough for the really good things.
3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations?
I don't. Mrs. Jim does that. I do the technical things like wind up the electrical cords and extensions.
I am also in charge of the mistletoe, it stays up all winter.
4. Something you wish to accomplish before the end of 2009 is:
Done it all, I can't wait for a fresh start in 2010!
5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)?
I don't like the frost on the golf course because it delays play.
6. Have you participated in after-Christmas sales?
Only when something I want is on sale and that isn't very often.
7. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
Will spend the evening with most of Mrs. Jim's Sunday school class for the class party.
It's also Mrs. Jim's birthday on the 1st so I can have double reasons for kissing her t0night.
10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know.
An hour a day, mostly in the mornings and evenings. In addition I spend my extra blogging time on the Photo and Poem Place blog (link) and visiting the blogs of my readers over there.
12. Share one hope dream for 2010.
I hope that I will dream about getting lost on the way to my classes again. It was at the University of Nebraska and I missed one class until April in the dreams that I used to have. I have not had that dream for some time so I am hoping to have it again.
13. Is there anything that got to high priced for you in 2009? [large picture] [extra large]
Yes, the price of store bought ice. I won't pay more than 99¢ if I am using my own money. The prices they ask now are ridiculous!
Not for me to answer:
11. Who runs your household?
8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January?
9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.)
You can get questions like this every week there at Lidna's.
#8 -- nothing to look forward to? Not even another good meal in a diner?
#9 -- I thought that question a little odd myself.
I think Lidna's meme is a lot more sensible that the others out there.
Glad you liked my family photos, I have more to post from Christmas.
My GD and bf have arrived in London
so will be getting settled. She and my son have both got Skypes (whatever they are) and they have spoken to and seen her, so all happy.
Tiger Woods is stupid,, he has ruined his reputation and lost his family. Bad enough if it was just one girl, but so many. Take care
my friend, Regards, Merle.
♪♪Happy Birthday to you♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Mrs. Jim,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪
I don't even want to know how much we spend on ice each year. Boating and ice just go together. Yikes.
Have a terrific day and may you and yours have a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. Big hug. :)
You do need to work on your fortune telling skills so you could answer eight.
As far as nine goes you seem to be at home in multiple genre.
Links to this post: