Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Active duty is over -- Ruby (Red) Tuesday -- Food plan still going

Answer to the quiz below:
The nutcracker wearing the fur black fez was made in Germany.


Click any picture for larger view]

Yes, I am still on my food plan where the major item is to eat breakfast. I never did eat more than a half granola bar.

This was my Saturday breakfast, the same for Monday except I deferred the apples for a 12:00 noon snack and had a slice of cinnamon toast with my coffee. You see a nice egg soft taco. Each has one half microwaved beaten egg, a little ham, some onions, tomatoes, and salsa. Monday's also has lettuce. Mrs Jim likes my cooking, one plate is for her.

I weigh every day and so far haven't gained any weight. My Christmas and Sunday with Mrs. Jim's Sunday school lunch eating is gone too. But there are other pounds. Dr. Oz helped me with that today on his afternoon TV program.

Sunday morning was not working properly but one the way home from church I picked up some Lean Cuisine breakfast pockets. Those are fast and don't have too many calories.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The troops are coming home!
Good news, I do hope all the active duty U.S. troops soon will follow.



These guys are some of those who had nutcracker duty at our house.
They are lined up awaiting transportation to their homes and loved ones.




Waiting here (left) are some of those home folks.
These are part of the guard who volunteer at our house at Halloween time.

And there is a nice bunk bed awaiting all those who served. They think it is a grand place to hunker down. We do too, it is a little closet under the stairway landing reserved just for Christmas duty characters.



Next I will show the fellows and ladies at their duty stations. You can decide what their job titles might be.






Below: on duty at the serving bar from the kitchen to the breakfast room


I separated these out to see if you can pick the one that is made in Germany. Just one. I should give the answer the next time I post.
(If I forget, please remind me, I'll post the answer on the top of this posting.)

Click the Ruby Tuesday button for Mary's Ruby Tuesday post list
of other interesting RED finds today.
Mary is in charge there, you can see more or post your own from there
.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Welcome back, nutcrackers, and thank you for your service.
 
Your breakfast looks really good. Will you make me one too.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)
 
Christmas still live is your home. That is so nice that you prepare food for Mrs. Jim, and this is not only thoughtful, it looks delicious! Plenty of nutcrackers and ruby decorations - they look like they mean business while they are standing at attention!
 
Love those blue plates. I am impressed with how you serve breakfast. The nutcrackers look like they fought a good battle. I can't tell which one is from Germany.
 
Your nutcrackers are great Jim!!
Oh a food plan. Yikes! It's that time of year isn't it??
Happy New Year JIm!
 
Jim, I wish our real troops could come home; the ones in Iraq AND the ones in Afghanistan! Love your nutcrackers! Happy New Year! Did you notice I posted food for Ruby Tuesday too! :)
 
A good breakfast is important. It looks like your doping well.
You have as many soldiers as I have trains.
 
Nothing says Christmas like a nutcracker.
 
Looks like another tasty breakfast to me. When I worked, I ate breakfast around 6am without fail, but now that I'm retired, I sometimes get busy and 'forget' until 9:30 or 10am. I enjoyed seeing your nutcracker army and sundry hangers on from other holidays.
Hugs and blessings,
 
I have heard that eating breakfast is a good thing. I rarely do it however. Your breakfast looks quite yummy though!!

The nutcrackers are pretty. I can't tell which one is from Germany. Are the others "made in China," like it seems most everything is these days!! I love their neat storage place. I'm sure they hibernate in there quite well.
 
your breakfast looks scrumptious. i admire your dedication to your food plan--i wish i have the same commitment. i am doing my best!:p

beautiful nutcrackers!
 
That breakfast looks yummy! Makes me want to start eating breakfast!!!
 
Dear Jim,
you giant nutcrackers must take up quite some place in your storage room. I have one, one the size of my index finger, but I wouldn't try to crack anything with it.
I've studied your nutcrackers. Most of them look like the one I have, only bigger. And then there's this more modest one dressed in light colors, with a bowl helmet like old emperor William of Germany had. I vote for him.
From Felisol
 
The egg burrito sounds heavenly Jim.

And I love your 'troops'!!

My Ruby Tuesday is posted HERE --scroll down below the Heads or Tails Meme to find it tho!

Happy day to you.
 
you have quite the collection!
they're all wonderful

welcome home nutcrackers
 
HI Jim!
Love the nutcrackers!
You do know breakfast is the most important meal of the day don't you. :)
Best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful New Year!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?