Thursday, March 08, 2012
Thursday Memes -- Things in a row -- Two Questions
I had a dental appointment last Thursday (Did I get all your comments answered? I am sorry if I didn't. You will have priority this time!). My appointment was in Huntsville, Texas, about 35 miles to the north of us.
Mrs. Jim agreed to come with me and we would have lunch after my appointment and then we would mess around for a bit after that. For lunch, off the lunch menu, Mrs. Jim ordered a shrimp poboy and I ordered a crawfish poboy. Then we shared. Both came with lots of fries and I had a very nice dinner salad. It was all very delicious. No pictures but here is their link. Bob Luby's Seafood Grill
After lunch we went to some antique shops on Main Street. I always like the toy sections of those stores. They are always arranged so nicely, generally in rows like these. On the way back I took the court house picture for its rows and then the historic marker for its rows of printing. Click on it to make it big enough to read.
We spent a couple of hours in the stores and driving around a little. Then on the way home I went into the grocery store to pick up the special on Blue Bell ice cream. (visit to Blue Bell link)
- - - - - - - -
And now for my Thursday Two Questions: (See Thursday Two Questions by Poetic Shutterbug for more reading. You could also make your own by checking in at this link.)
Last week we answered questions about our organized eating affairs and favorite foods. Many of you said organized eating wasn't something you would be able to do at this time. I would recommend that you try some of this when you have more time. Mrs. Jim and I have the luxury of being retired and living in a community with others who have a lot of time on our hands. Your favorite foods all sounded really good to me!
My Two Questions for this week:
1. Do you take the rest of the day off for yourself after a doctor or dentist appointment? If so, what do you like to do?
Besides what I mentioned doing with Mrs. Jim I like to go for a nice ride taking the long way home. That is specially nice on the spring and fall days when I can put the top down on my Mustang.
2. Where do you like to just go to the store without necessarily buying anything?
In addition to the antique stores I like to visit the hardware and electronic stores. The library is fine too. Ocassionally I purchase a used book from the 'Friends of the Library' group.
Bonus Question: Do you get your dog's teeth cleaned?
Now for an example of THINGS NOT IN A ROW. This naughty beagle in the picture sent to me in a circulating e-Mail by my friend, John, must been pretty nervous when his master left for work.
I go to the store, any, to just look some time without buying anything.
That beagle was a naughty dog, but how can you be mad at such a cute little thing? Ha ha!
You asked about autographs from the NASCAR race....we didn't get close to the drivers, but my son DID get the autograph of the head crew chief for Dale Earnhardt.
I have a question for you...in terms of retirement, I am thinking that I don't want to live so far away from the doctors, places that my-old-self will need. How do you feel being that far away from the doc's office? Would you have chosen a closer location and more central to things that you need in retirement age, or is it better to be in a more tranquil environment?
2) I don't go bum around, I hate shopping, it is a waste of time, and I don't have time to waste. Even Christmas shopping, I have to really get psyched up to get through it.
Thanks for posting the great questions!
2. I hate to shop, but Keller's would be the place I'd go because they have the greatest Christmas department anywhere. Awesome.
3. Yes, we've been getting Little Bit's teeth cleaned along with hubby brushing her teeth.
Have a terrific day. :)
That poor pup must have been stressed to no end to destroy the house like that! Poor fella!
If my appt. is in town I usually go back to work afterwards. If it's out of town, I take the entire day off because out of town for me means a two hour drive coming and going!
I don't really like to shop all that much! I would have to say antique stores would be a place I would browse and not buy something.
No professional teeth cleaning for our doggies. We provide nice chew bones and a monthly rub with a paste and cloth.
The courthouse is great and the plaque is so interesting!
The beagle is hilarious!!!!! Been there, done that! hehe--not with a beagle, but a dog...or two!
I could shop anyway without buying anything besides the grocery store.
After a doctor's appointment - I am retired - I have no work to go back to exactly! teehee
1. I'm a SAHM so I can stay home or go out after an appointment, so I usually take the time to do library or grocery shopping on the same day.
I don't have a dog but I supposed if I did, I'd definitely have to get his teeth cleaned.
Have a great weekend!
1. I stay at home now, but when I was working, whether I went in after an appointment depended on how early in the day it was. Before lunch, I would usually go in, but if the appointment was after, I would usually just go home.
2. I love to wander around craft supply/fabric stores or bookstores to kill time. I can usually make it out without buying anything. :-)
Bonus: We have never had our dog's teeth cleaned. We're doing great if we get regular vaccinations, etc. done on time!
Links to this post: