my Six Words:
Recycling this blog — short on time
1. We had a visit to Baton Rouge to visit with Mrs. Jim's Aunt Mary. I always like visiting there and the drive is a pleasant five hours or so, three through the country and then two on I-45.
This church bench holding Mary and Mrs. Jim is for sale. We didn't inquire about the price. But it will sell fast because is one of a few from the old downtown Baptist church.
2. Sometimes Mrs. Jim and I play golf together on Tuesdays. On this day we found this large nest up in the tree. We have no idea what kind of bird may have made it. I always imagine with these large nests that it is an eagle's nest. We do have eagles around here.
3. I make a pretty good lunch and it is time I posted a picture of one. This shrimp, shaved carrot, olive, onion, and lettuce salad was nice and yummy. I was going to mix these two dressings, the shrimp read sauce with the Girard's Greek oil and vinegar.
But instead I dipped a few shrimp in the sauce and put the Greek dressing on the salad. A tasting showed that the shrimp sauce overwhelmed any semblance of being Greek whatsoever.
4. Are hood ornaments coming back? This winged pig was on a late model Cadillac's front.
5. Don't forget that May is Hamburger Month. We used one of our Beck's Prime hamburger buy one/get one free coupons. The cheeseburger seemed to be the best I have ever had. Was it because I was hungry? We each cut ours in half and so we had another meal for the next day.
- - - - - -
Click on a picture to make it large sized. Click again for still larger size.
Your "Back" button will get you back to the blog.
I am linked up today with Nancy at A Rural Journal
. She conducts her "A Random Five" blog hop there. Click that link to read other "A Random Five" posts or join in with your own.
- - - - - -
Sorry about having to recycle this blog. But it is good stuff to know about me.
Does that make things better?
Describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words for Six Word Saturday. Click the box at right to visit Cate's blog with Mr. Linky showing all the other blogs participating this week. Cate is the boss at Six Word Saturday. She would like for you to participate.
Labels: A-Random-Five, Food, Jim Does, Six Word Saturday, this-and-that