Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Two Shoes Tuesday ~~ Another Poem (of sorts)
Promises are only words -- silly words?
They say sticks and stones can break my bones. Still,
words can never hurt me. First grade lesson
Will it still be a promise I've made if
I cross my fingers? You betcha it will
No one's there, will a falling tree make noise?
"To have and to hold, from this day forward,
for better, for ... to love ... to cherish, till
death do us part, ... God's holy ordinance"*
Promises are meant to be kept -- God's Law
Will it hurt when a promise is broken?
You betcha it will -- no mere silly words
- - - - - -
© 2013 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved
- - - - - -
- This post was written for Two Shoes Tuesday of Josie's Two Shoes.
- Josie's Directions: Your contribution must be in the form of an original poem, essay, or short story (fiction or non-fiction), and it must be a u piece - not something drawn from your other writings or archives.
- The July 9th writing prompts to choose from or do both are Words(4) and Broken(1).
1. Wedding Vows & Readings (link)
2. Pictures: (click on them to enlarge)
40 years. People can't always be perfect (God's Law).
Thank you God, for your loving Grace.
Hello Sir Jim! What lovely pictures you have!
Happy Two Shoes Tuesday to us ;o)
Links to this post: