Saturday, August 31, 2013

Six Word Saturday

.
my Six Words:
 
We are home!
 
Mustang is not.

The '98 Mustang GT has forgotten how to shift into third (high) gear. So I had to take it back to the shop for a recall. In April the Mustang had received a new transmission. This latest problem happened with less than 700 miles on the new transmission.
 
Mother, my Mom, didn't want to drive a car with an automatic transmission because she never knew what gear it was in. That is why her own 1974 Mustang II Ghia had a stick shift. That way she always knew what gear it was in.

I have her car now, after she died. It has 68K miles on it and is in perfect order. Mom always kept it in the garage and never drove it in the snow. That means it has no rust. Oh yes, I was the also its first owner after the Ford Company.

[ Click on any picture for a larger size. Use the "Back" button to return to my blog. ]
I thought now I would show you a few typical things we did in London that we can't do from here now that we are home.

 
 
We rode a bus to church in downtown London (no buses here).
Karen made her healthy supper cooking the salmon. We placed the veggies.
 
 
What are KP and Mrs. Jim doing in the bathroom?  KP is directing.
After the theatre practice session we are all headed to the
neighborhood little park's playground.
 Six Words Saturday:
Describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words for Six Word Saturday. Click the box at right (or here) to visit Cate's blog with Mr. Linky showing all the other blogs participating this week. Cate is the boss at Six Word Saturday. She would like for you to participate.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Wish I had a mustang- I would still be driving- which I don't anymore. It was wonderful meeting you -all three- in London and I hope to see you again when you return. But I am sure you are thrilled to be home again. Happy weekend pal and love to Mrs J.
 
Welcome home to the hot US! We had some rain last night, so I think that helped lower the heat a bit in Illinois.
 
Everybody loves Mustangs! Our grandson has one....and it has been a good car for him.

Glad you had a good trip! We loved our month in England many years ago!

Happy Saturday!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits
 
Happy days, Jim. You're in demand, home or away :)
 
Mustangs will probably forever be one of my favorite rides ever. My high school boyfriend had one and that is the first car I learned to drive on!
 
Being back home is good. I'm sorry that your car needs more service. Oh well, they'll get it right at some point.

Have a terrific three day weekend. :)
 
Welcome home- sorry about your Mustang....dang! Have a great weekend!
 
You know what - EVERYONE loves the Mustang -me too. Tried to look at your last post but it wouldn't let me. So glad you made it home safe. Bet you lost weight on fish and salad!
 
I know it was a wonderful trip but it must be good to be home too. Good luck with the Mustang!l
 
I hope you get your car back soon. Not having your car is a real pain!
 
Not the best welcome home if your car has decided not to work! I hope it gets sorted out quickly.
 
Welcome home! Sorry about the car though.
 
Wow! After that expense you would think the car would be behaving better. Hope it works out. They are both gorgeous cars!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?