Saturday, August 30, 2014

Six Word Saturday (he's eating again)

Picture courtesy of  S T A T E . F A I R, http://corndogs.com/
 
my Six Words:
My first corn dog, in Monterey
 

 
I was 31, it was a sunny Sunday afternoon on a pier in Monterey, California. I was in Palo Alto attending a month long Lockheed school on a new piece of electronics, a telemetry PCM digital ground station, for NASA. Corn dog was not in my vocabulary until that day. They are one of my favorites now.
 
Do you like corn dogs?  Here is the link for the 55 cent off coupon:  http://banner.couponfactory.com/banner/6b899be363ffe0f0eadf00cf01ce227951385d8d/
 
My choice is the Classic dogs, in the 16 count package like these.  I get them when Kroger has them on sale, perhaps $1.50 off, more or less.
 
 
Six Words Saturday fine print:
Describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words for Six Word Saturday. Click the box at right to visit Cate's blog with Mr. Linky showing all the other blogs participating this week. Cate is the boss at Six Word Saturday. She would like for you to participate.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
A new experience it is! Nicely Dr Jim!

Hank
 
Sorry no corn dogs here! Not big on hotdogs either!
 
Love them but it's been years.
 
"Firsts" are fun, aren't they?

My Six Words
 
A corn dog would really take me back. Haven't had one in ages.
 
Hubby is the corn dog fan around here. Me, not at all. He has trouble passing up a corn dog or two.

Have a fabulous day Jim. My best to Mrs. Jim. ☺
 
Not corn dogs so much, but my hubby found these rolled blueberry pancakes shaped like and with the same outside like a corn dog, and they are yummy!
 
I haven't had one in a long time but I love hot dogs and corndogs! Our fair is coming up next week and they have a corndog there called a Krusty pup. They used to be so yummy but as I got older and the price got higher the dog inside got smaller so it is mostly krust and very little pup... Hope you and Mrs. Jim are doing well!
 
oh i've had the corn dogs, The Royal Castle fast food outlets, here, used to make them, they dont any more, have a nice Saturday, thanks for dropping in at my blog

much love...
 
You know if you eat hot-dogs or corn-dogs - only eat 100% beef!!!!!!!!!!! No pork.
 
I've never had a corn dog - am I missing out? I'm not a fan of hot dogs, so I suppose I have never been drawn to trying a corn one.
 
well now- I haven't had a Corn Dog in decades! Guess I should try one now and again! Cheers!
 
Wow! You can still remember that it was a sunny Sunday afternoon on that particular day, Dr Jim :)
 
I can remember, it was so nice, a really nice day. I had never been on a West Coast pier before either. I remember several items of that month in the San Francisco area. Alone with five other guys, had been married ten years, and would be divorced three and a half years later. Also remember playing golf one Sunday after noon, up in the hills and bluffs overlooking the Pacific. Then there was the day I had the car, a new red Ford convertible, to take into town by myself. I did a San Francisco Grey Line tour that morning.
..
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?