Friday, January 15, 2016
Friday’s Hunt v1.3 -- "C"is for ...
1. "C" is for cooking and cookbook. One of our Christmas presents for KP was a cookbook. Not just any cookbook, but a Disney Princess Cookbook. KP loves it and Christmas Day she began planning her breakfast menu. Kp is six.
She consulted with Mrs. Jim who helped KP decide that only one item would be good for a start. It would be Miner's Mini Muffins with Blueberries. And they could cook the next time KP was to come to our house. That was Winter Holliday between Christmas and New Year's Day.
Everything went along without problems until Mrs. Jim decided that she didn't have the frozen blueberries like she was thinking. That all worked out fine though because she had a bag of large chocolate chips. KP found that chocolate chips were on the alternate ingredient. All was fine.
Their mini muffins were really good. We had several with our milk or coffee. The rest of the batch went home with KP. I'm glad they doubled the recipe.
KP is off to a good start in using her cookbook. My order for a nice 'large breakfast' is being considered.
2. Week's Favorite: Wednesday I had a dental appointment to replace a crown that had broken loose. Mrs. Jim and I carpooled, her bridge was before my dentist so I drove her over and kept the car. They played at the home of couple belonging to the Conroe (Texas) Sunday school class we left when we moved to Katy.
3. Inside. Two Nativity sets out for Christmas. Above is a Fisher Price set that we ordered for KP last year before Christmas. This year she had it on the hearth in front of their fireplace.
Just about every time I was to her house she had a different arrangement. This one was after Christmas.
I would recommend you getting one for any of the little ones in your life. You'd be surprised what all they know about the birth of Jesus.
This is the Nativity set we bought in Bethlehem, Israel, in 1980 during our Holy Land visit. It was said to be hand made from olive wood. We get it out for display during every Christmas season but leave the manger, Baby Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, and the Angel out all year. Sometimes a camel and/or other figures also stay.
4. Poem for the week. I wrote it as a tribute to David Bowie who died January 10, this week. For inspiration I listened to and read his song, "Slip Away". It has a sad ending, I got really sad writing it. Also inspiring was remembering when KP, Mrs. Jim, and I did an afternoon paddle boat outing on the lake in Regents' Park, London, U.K.
You can read more on my other blog, Jim's Little Photo and Poem Place, where I first posted it. (blog link)
The fine print: Teresa of Eden Hills is running this meme, Friday's Hunt. She has three alternatives for us to post about but this one, Alphabet series, will be the one I will try to follow and post about. - Her rules are: "Welcome to linkup for Friday’s Hunt. It’s very simple. Anyone can participate. The link opens at 7pm Central time and will close Sunday at 7pm, so you have plenty of time to enter."
- The Mr. Linky address here has others who are participating if you would to read what these folk are doing for the Friday post - For the week of January 15 our assignment was to post on any or all of these ideas: (1) Starts with "C"; (2) Week's Favorite; and (3) Inside; then (4) this one, Poem for the week, is lagniappe.
Love the old cars. They don't make them like that anymore.
Have a fabulous day. ☺
The View from the Top of the Ladder
Boy, my husband would love to kick tires with you and your friend around these old cars. Hope your crown will be replaced without much discomfort. (visiting from Eden Hills)
Links to this post: