Friday, January 22, 2016
Friday’s Hunt v1.4 -- "D" is for ...
1. Starts with D ~~ Downton Abbey, Christmas Preserves, Plum with Port and Spices. We bought this delicious jar of jam from the World Market after Christmas at less than half price. We also bought some stolen (German sweet bread type, it comes in loaves), cookie mix and some other food stuff.
2. Week's Favorite ~~ Mrs. Jim's Tortilla Soup. We bought this from KP as a part of her fund raiser for the school. There were three soup mixes in the box.
The mixes are the flavoring and spices. You add your own food ingredients. Mrs. Jim added diced tomatoes, chopped onions, and chopped chicken baked chicken breast.
The soup turned out to be really delicious. It was very good with or without adding some corn chip pieces.
3. Beautiful ~~ Birds on a wire. I caught these while stopped at a traffic light, I think in Willis Texas. Sometimes there are a lot more but this time they were only on these two wires. If you decide to count tem please let me know (as a comment) how many you find.
[Added Note: My blog entries 'auto-post' to my Facebook page. My son, Tim, commented there that he had counted 86. I think there are more so you can add your count also.]
4. Poem for the week. I wrote it on my other blog, Jim's Little Photo and Poem Place (link), as an exercise in writing a "real poem" using my writing to portray an "artifice". E.E. Cummings used these devices (link).
Parts of this poem are real, I do have a fear of girls/ladies who are taller than I am. But other parts may be part of a sham/artifice (or do they show latent tendencies?). I will let you guess which that or those might be.
Other notes from that post:
"I'm linked with Outlawyer(Karin) in the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads,
her post, Sunday Mini-Challenge
"We were asked to write something REAL. Then Karin suggested using some of E.E. Cummings' (1894-1962) poems as an example. Here are some.
"Notes: - The young lady from Houston, Texas, is 6 feet 4. Her 49 inch legs, from thigh to toe, may set a world record. For sure for Houston they did and probably are a record in Texas also. Things are bigger in Texas.
- The picture is from the Houston Chronicle, Star section. I have lost the date but it was published in mid-February, 2014.
- For sure too she would intimidate me if we were alone in an elevator. Ladies taller than I am worry me.
- If I really wanted (??) to be a girl, I am too old now. For both ways, birth and surgery."
_ _ _ _ _
- The Mr. Linky address here has others who are participating if you would to read what these folk are doing for the Friday post - For the week of January 22 our assignment was to post on any or all of these ideas: (1) Starts with "D"; (2) Week's Favorite; and (3) Beautiful; then (4) this last one, Poem for the week, is lagniappe.
Have a terrific day and weekend. ☺
Counting the birds on the wire would be like guessing at the jellybeans in a jar so I'll pass. When I see this type of behaviour here in late fall it's usually grackles.
It's been too long. Hope that 2016 is a great year for you.
Keep loving life...
Links to this post: