Monday, January 04, 2016
Stuff to know today ~~ this-and-that
2. Also I put this little ditty (a 'poem') on my other blog Saturday. My inspiration (?) was a picture, "Orangutan in the Rain" I chose Orangutan in the Rain photographed by Andrew Suryono for my inspiration. His was one of the winners of the National Geographic Photo Contest 2015.
3. The picture of KP and Mrs. Jim was taken last year as they were just coming out of the pantry after looking for goodies to eat. What do you think they found? (hint: KP loves chocolate)
4. Again today, it is also "National Spaghetti Day". Eat some. Make some (the January 2016 issue of Southern Living has some wonderful recipes).
5. One more, today is also "National Trivia Day." Did you know that the word “trivia” is plural for the word “trivium”.
- a. The National Day Calendar can be found by clicking here.
- b. For the poem, the instructions were to write a poem in exactly 55 words. Also, "... invited [us] to look back on the past year by viewing the winners of the National Geographic Photo Contest 2015. (Click HERE) The photos are offered as wallpaper, which may be downloaded free of charge. Please acknowledge the photographer on your site if you decide to use a picture from that source."
- c. I'm linking with Sandee for her Awww Mondays post (Link). I believe these two I caught coming out of the pantry will rate, although most are posting animals like puppies and kittens. How about an orangutan then? Awww...
Loved the poem.
Have a terrific Awww Monday Jim. My best to Mrs. Jim and KP. ☺
Oh! Chocolate is the perfect goodie to eat. It makes for a perfect mid-work break. ;-)
My husband and I had pizza this Monday, not spaghetti. Same nationality food, right?
Cute orangutan! You did well on the poem challenge.
Links to this post: