Monday, March 27, 2017
Share Your World -- March 27 Week
Does your first or middle name have any significance (or were you named after another family member)?
YES, both first and middle.
My Dad's middle name is Vernon, that is also my middle name. He did answer to Vernon and used C. Vernon for all his documents and signatures.
But no one called him either Charles, his real first name, or a suitable nickname. They mostly called him Jim. Then when I was born they named me James Vernon.
But they couldn't call me Jim as that was Dad's popular name. So I was either Jimmy or Little Jim. Dad was never Big Jim. And I was never a Vernon. My three uncles called me Jimmy all their lives and several of my friends still call me Jimmy. I'd rather be Jim which I am to most people. Hardly ever except for official things am I James. (Sorry this got drawn out and long.)
Music or silence while working?
Classic Rock. That would be a bit of the later 60's, the 70's and maybe a bit of early 80's I'd rather have TV, it is turned on most all of the time now that I don't work. I don't pay much attention to a lot of it though.
If you had a special place for your three most special possessions (not including photos, electronics, people or animals), what would they be?
By my bed.
In my study/office.
In the garage.
The Never List: What are things you know you never will do?
- I will never forgive certain persons even though I can be 'friendly' with him or her. They may have forgotten but I cannot forgive because of scars I have.
- I will NEVER eat egg plant. Probably that is because of a high school joke.
- I will NEVER get to the South Pole. I have always wanted to do that. The closest I've been is around Cape Horn and have visited the Falkland Islands.
- I will NEVER get to Antarctica or the North Pole although I've been into the Artic Circle.
- I will NEVER kick or mistreat a pet or any farm animal, no animal for that matter.
Optional Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
I'm grateful for my Sunday School class. Without it our church with thousands of members (Second Baptist Church Houston) would not provide the fellowship with other members. Our class has 137 members, most of them fairly regularly attend. Our attendance averages in the 90's on Sunday mornings.
- LAST WEEK, Friday night, our Shepherd Group met at a Mexican Restaurant near the church, ten minutes from our place. We have 20 in the group, 14 came for dinner.
- EVERY WEEK Mrs. Jim and I put together and mail out a newsletter to our Sunday school class meeting. This week I also will make an April Calendar showing the month's activities for the class.
_ _ _
The fine print:
- I'm linked with Cee at Share Your World,
- I try to add photos to my answers although it is not a requirement to participate in Share your World.
Interesting meme. I will never hurt an animal either.
Have a fabulous day, Jim. ☺
Links to this post: