Friday, January 12, 2018
Weekend Roundup -- 02-18 (for letter "B")
(1) Starts with "B" "B" is for Bellaire, a Red 1957 Chevy Bellaire Convertible. It is the First month's picture for my 2018 NAPA Calendar. BTW, I had a very good friend who had one of these new. Both he and the Chevy Bellaire were consumed in a Gas Station Fire. Someone lit a cigarette, my friend was working at the station.
The specs: Either a 265 c.i.d. or a 283 c.i.d. engine. My flathead Hot Rodded 1952 Ford 2-Door** would outrun or keep even with all the overhead valve 1955-6-7 Chevy's
(2) Weeks favorite: Mood helpers:
Happy MacDonald's Balloons and
Hopeful Promise (Rainbow after Rain):
(3) New Beginning: My Chevy Bellaire is also a New Beginning as it is to be found on my NAPA Auto Parts Classic Car Calendar, New for January 2018.
As I have mentioned before, I have them from the second to this one. These NAPA Auto Parts Calendar had their beginnings in the 1970's.
My 1952 Ford 2-door, hot rodded, had a Mercury Flathead valve V-8 engine that I built, bored and stroked, ported and relieved, with a "Street cam". It had an automatic transmission, looked stock, except for upgraded seats. We calculated it to be 297 c.i.d.
It was a very pretty green, I bought it two years old. I don't know how fast it would go but the speedometer only went to 100 and I drove it so fast you could look down into the instrument and not be able to see the needle. Those were my 'fast days'.
4.1. Lagniappe: BMW Car Logo (starts with "B")
found at http://www.car-logos.net/
4.2. Lagniappe: Braunschweiger (starts with "B") Snack that I take with my Tri-glyceride Meds (take with food" directions). I buy them at our New (beginnings) Aldi's Grocery Store for $1.99 for a one pound package. My other name brand had gone up to $3.99 for eight ounces at our name brand store.
BTW, you may call this treat "liverwurst".
The fine print:
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link )
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- Click on any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here.
Have a beautiful day. Had to do the 'b' thing you know. ☺
Links to this post: