Friday, October 12, 2018

Weekend Roundup -- 15-18(b) (for letter "O") -- Reflections too

The 41st issue of Weekend Roundup for this year...
The week's prompts:
(1) Starts with "O"; (2) A Favorite; (3) Open; and (4) Reflections
 
 

(1) Starts with "O" Oldsmobile starts with "O".  Here in the lower left is the bumper of a 1981 Olds Cutlass.  We had one of these and after we used it for many, many miles we sold it for $200 to a young couple.  It was exactly, color scheme and all, like the one pictured on the right, here is linked a source for more, (since we've had two more Olds, later models)(Oldsmobile is no more, it was killed during General Motors Bankruptcy proceedings),  "https://www.wallpaperup.com/571084/1981_Oldsmobile_Cutlass_Calais.html ".
 

(2) A Favorite: One favorite sandwich is an Oyster Poboy.  This is half my order of an Oyster Poboy and Onion Rings.  These are cooked Louisiana style in Alexandria, Louisiana, where we went last weekend for Mrs. Jim's family reunion.  Mrs. Jim and I shared the order, there were eleven fairly large fried oysters on the whole thing.

Another of my favorites is the Fried Onion Rings but I hardly ever eat  them now.  I just eat the rings raw.  Same fiber and nutrition without the fat in the frying.
 

(3) Open:  "Open" these doors, please. I want to see what lies behind.  (There is an open upper window in the yellow house.)
These house were around the corner from Pablo Neruda's home at Valparaiso, Chile.  We shared a taxi with another lady and drove all over town, for a whole afternoon [for that afternoon go to (4) in my last season's post, click here].


(4) Reflections:   This Reflection is sort of rippley, it was taken at the Harbor at La Serenta, Chile.  Some went from there to excursions at Coquimbo but we stayed at the Harbor town and did not go on.  I loved the Overturned boat, now a day resting place for the BTW, this is the Atlantic Ocean nestling in at the cove. 

- - - - -        The end, that's all for tonight

 The fine print:
 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews) - The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
 - I am also linked this week with Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ for my Reflections Photo.
 - Photos and Poem Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
 - Click on any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Fine group of Os. I would love one of those oyster sandwiches. Best go find something for dinner now. :)
 
I love all the painted houses Jim and that is a lovely reflection shot. Have a wonderful weekend.
 
...I never had an 'O'lds, a lot is missing from GM's lineup. Your favorite could be mine too. In Chile, they sure like bright colors. Thanks Jim, I hope to see you next week.
 
Never been to Chile, more on John's bucket list, but would like to go eventually.

Don't often have onion rings but now that I bought a deep fryer maybe I should make some.

You should link up with Norm's Thursday Doors!
 
I'll take the onion rings, but you can have the oysters. Never liked them. I think it was because my first one with filled with sand. That did it for me.

Love all your "Os".

Have a fabulous weekend. 😎
 
I always liked that generation of Cutlass Supreme, always a good looking vehicle! I like the Po Boy, but am not really fond of oysters - I'd prefer shrimp with my onion rings!
 
Why am I hungry now after reading about your O's !? I'm sure I've owned and Oldsmobile in my past life! Fun collection for Tom's Roundup, Jim!
 
Hi Jim, great photos! We had a 1980 Cutlass Supreme, same exact color. I looked exactly like yours! Brings back memories. Now, onion rings...that's something I never thought of, and I love them! Have a good week!
Dawn
 
I love your pictures from Chile. I've found that the more traveled an individual is, the more interesting they are (like a reader vs. a tv watcher).
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?