Thursday, September 12, 2019
The Letter "K" ~~ Rev 04 - Weekend Roundup and Reflections
[This is a really good picture enlarged.
Click on it and then click on the result.]
The 37th issue of Weekend Roundup for this year... (THE ELEVENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "K" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "K"; (B) A Favorite;
(C) "K" for "Kind". (Tom's choice); and (D) Reflections.
(A1) Starts with the Letter "K": Kayaking in Lake Como starts with "K". This is our younger daughter, "K" and her Hub. Many marital spats arise from the management of keeping the Kayak on course. They wished to avoid that so "K" will take pictures and Hub will do the rowing. That was a good idea for them.
(B) A Favorite: A Labor Day pool picnic. Daughter "K" made this fig and goat cheese salad with her special home made dressing. She and family came to eat with us and go for a swim. We also had a small pizza from Trader Joe's and some rollups, not pictured, made by "K".
I think KP was finished swimming as were the others. But she had already eaten a Kid's Meal from Chick-fil-F. Here Favorite is chicken strips and FF's and a chocolate Mile Shake. https://www.chick-fil-a.com/
"The Roving Kind" by Guy Mitchell on 1950 Columbia 78.
Most time I take the driving pictures but Mrs. Jim was navigating and she thought it would be safer if she took this one. Especially since we were elevated changing highways.
_ _ _ _
My Two Questions for this week (you can answer just one if you wish):
1. My Reflection pictures - When you look into the microwave at stuff in there cooking or heating, do you check the Reflection Picture Potential? This was the first time I thought of that.
2. How did you celebrate Labor Day? I hope you didn't have to work. As you saw, we stayed home but had a backyard pool party picnic with some of the family.
1. What is your favorite "K" word? I like Kinky but ...
2. Do you know how to swim? Good? When and how did you learn? Mrs. Jim and I each learned swimming at college. I broke my foot and so I missed the butterfly and all other forward strokes. I swim really good with the back swim as that was what was left when my cast was taken off. We had to jump off the high board and swim several laps of the U of Nebraska campus regulation competition pool.
_ _ _
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ for my Reflections Photo.- Photos and Text Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
...I must say that I've never had fig and goat cheese salad.
..."The Roving Kind" by Guy Mitchell came out a fews years after I was born, don't remember it.
...need could use some rain too.
Thanks Jim for stopping by, I hope that you have an enjoyable weekend.
My favorite k-word in English is kink too (but I found not the right photo for choice). We don't celebrate Labour Day here. Oh yeah, I can swim and I like it! In summertime I swim 1000m every day in our public pool, it is nearby of my home. I'm sad, that they closed it so earlie at 6th of september. Very miss this fun.
Have a great weekend :)
1. My Reflection pictures - When you look into the microwave at stuff in there cooking or heating, do you check the Reflection Picture Potential? I don't take pictures very often and that's a good thing. I have never checked the reflection on the microwave door.
2. How did you celebrate Labor Day? We stayed home. Everyone and their entire family is out on the water and they are drinking. Not fun for us. We had a nice quiet weekend.
1. What is your favorite "K" word? Kindness!
2. Do you know how to swim? Good? When and how did you learn? No, not good since I'm a boater.
Have a fabulous day and weekend, Jim. 😎
Well my favorite word is KELLY - my daughter.
Looks like you all have fun - kayaking - picnics (I wish I liked goad cheese) - I love Trader Joes myself.
I listened to the song Roving Kind - I heard the old scratching of the record - memories from the past.
Never thought of taking a selfie in the microwave glass.
We have been dry and hot here too - I know you must need it too. We finally had a wonderful rain last night - so thankful for it.