Friday, January 21, 2022

Letter "C" - Friday's Weekend Roundup 08 / Reflections and-or Street Captures

This Week's Prompts: Starts  with "C"; A Favorite; "C"rack; and Reflections and-or Street Captures
 _ _ _ _ 


Starts with "C":  

Tom's choice, "Crack": A Poem for Pavement Walking 
(posted on my other blog, July 1, 2020, click here) 

"Under the pavement the dirt is dreaming of grass." — Wendell Berry


 
My walk is paved 

My walk is paved in many ways 
Some I talk about some I don't 
Of the latter here I'll tell not 
Look and listen my pavement shows

Reds pinks and yellows of romance 
Spent blossoms pave my favorite paths 
 Comes a thistle with bristling stalk
Be careful smell the good, nice red bloom

Rocks and stones scattered here and there
Even a petal in ones shoe
Causes much grief stop get it out
Kick or throw a stone up the path

Look for dull coins along the way
Half buried spend as good as mint
Six walks may buy a pint of grog
Help forget the pot holes and bumps 

Then there's foot deep errant water
Clear, cleanses sandals loosens glue
Puts muddy water in your shoe 
Soggy mess makes the baby cry 
  
(click on any picture for larger size)

Comes a crack in the pavement  
Best of all will be a clover 
It grows in the crack, a blessing 
Pretty pink flowers every day 
Kids trying to find it's four leaves 
 
What all comes with our pavement 
Can we make best of rocks and stones  
Coins or potholes water shoe wash 
Or a crack with four leaf clover  

 (click photo to look for four-leaf clovers)
Just maybe 
Wish for one 
  _ _ _ 

 -  Poem and Photos Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Sanaa Rizv at Weekly Scribbles,  at https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/07/weekly-scribblings-26-pavement.html?m=1 
 - Other poems using the word, "crack".  Link

Pictures were taken at one of the places Mrs. Jim and I walk, our street on the other side of Cinco Ranch Boulevard.

                                
                                                A Favorite:

This treasured item I have still. I found it thrown away and brought it home from the ditch that runs through the pasture at our old farm. There is a small crack but it is mine. Old too, probably around a hundred years or so. 

The corn cob stopper is modern, a 1960's or 1970's or so, that I retrieved from our corn crib.  (click on any picture for larger size)




Reflections and-or Street Captures:   Country Creek found in a Park on the outskirts of East Paris.  It was at Albert-Kahn Gardens, Paris (link).  
More of my Park Pictures here.

Lagniappe
:  The Countries I've visited that start with the Letter "C": 
      Canada 
     Cayman Islands 
     Chile  
     China  
     Costa Rica  
     Croatia  
     Curaçao  
     Czech 
     Republic  
     Czechoslovakia 

_ _ _ _ 

        The Fine print stuff:

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 

 - Click Here for all countries I've visited

- - - 
.

Comments:
cool!
 
I love finding objects like that jug!
 
..."Under the pavement the dirt is dreaming of grass." Neat saying and so true!
...a CORN COB stopper make your jug look authentic.
...COUNTRY CREEK looks so verdant.
Thanks Jim for COMING by, take care!
 
Love the poem! And the creek photo is inviting.
 
Super poem
 
That is one cool shot of the grass growing up through concrete! Nice post! Have a wonderful weekend!
 
Lovely reflection Jim and I love the poem Very apt. Have a great week ahead.
 
your photos and poem are beautiful Jim. Greetings Tine
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?