Friday, September 02, 2022

Letter "I" -- Friday's Weekend Roundup 09 / Reflections and-or Street/Candid Captures

 - Tom's posting prompts: This "Week's Prompts, Starts with "I." 
   A Favorite. - "I"ce.  
 - James' wishes for our Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures
 _ _ _ _ 

 
Starts with "I": Ain't she cute! "Icicle " starts with "I". We got down to 22°F that 2007 night here, so we dripped the outside faucets. Look closely for the Icicles. The big one, about 18 inches long, fell from the faucet and broke. I have a piece of it sitting on the sprinkler pipe. The other icicles (not Adi's) are on that weed to Adi's left, your right. 

Adi died in 2012.  She and I were a Pet The
rapy Team.  She loved to visit the elderly and also children.  We regularly visited an Alzheimer Wing of the assisted living facility most residents loved her too.  She also was a "Reading Dog", we helped children learn to improve their reading skills.  

A Favorite:  The horses here are purebred Icelandic horses.  They have a carefully guarded strain.  Part of that guard is to keep horses from another country from coming in.  Furthermore, once an Icelandic horse leaves the country it is very hard, and often impossible to bring these horses back into the country.
 
The horses are beautiful.  They are pictures I took from our tour bus window last June during our Iceland cruise stops.  We had three stops in Iceland from our Transatlantic, Pacific Princes ship, cruise from NYC to London.  We also stopped in Halifax and made two more stops in northern Scotland.  You can read more about the Icelandic horses here. 








Tom's word choice, "Ice":  Blue Bell is our favorite brand of Ice Cream.  Blue Bell originated in Texas but now has spread fairly well over the U.S.  We mostly buy the Homemade Vanilla and the Peppermint with Chocolate chips. 

Kroger has a nice store brand Ice Cream that we also like, Kroger Private Selection.  Of those English Toffee Caramel is our Favorite


Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures:  I had hoped the red roses on the two sides of the pool would reflect.  But they didn't.  I think my Red Eye filter killed them.




A Lagniappe Here are three other pictures that I took on one of our Iceland stops.  The snowcapped mountains at the bottom were taken from the ship pointing towards the mainland.  We were somewhere near the Artic Circle then; we did cross into it.
_ _ _ _ 


The Fine print stuff:

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra-large.] 

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link is here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 

_ _ _ _

  

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Jim Those horses are certainly really beautiful and I liked seeing your photos from visiting Iceland. I did a bird watching trip all around Iceland quite a few years ago and loved the country. Good reflection shot. I hope you have a lovely week ahead
 
I noticed Jim you coujd not find out what creamonology
means so here is your answer - Ice Creamonology is an ice cream store where all the flavors are made daily from scratch using only fresh and quality ingredients. That means we never use artificial flavoring or coloring. The color and flavor come from the ingredients or fruits themselves. Freshness and quality is our difference.
 
She sure is cute! Beautiful Iceland pictures. Blue Bell ice cream is delicious, I wish it were available in California.
 
She is one very cute doggo. Once we buy a house here I will be getting a rescue dog, I think they are the best and most loving.
 
I’m hoping to get a cute dog like that! Lovely Iceland pictures.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?