Friday, December 16, 2022

Letter "X" -- Friday's Weekend Roundup 09 / Reflections and-or Street/Candid Captures

 - Tom's Requests:  Has an "X"; A Favorite; and Tom's suggestion, "Looks like an 'X'". 
 - James' request, Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures.  
  _ _ _ _ 



 



A Favorite and Has an "X":   Our Xmas tree and some decorations.  I usually don't put the "X" in my spelling instead of "Christ" because for me we are actually celebrating Jesus Christ's birthday observance.  Not His birthday, that hasn't been recorded that we know.  But with science looking over clues left we keep it placed on December 25.   


Tom's suggestion, "Looks like an 'X'":   For drivers' assistance, Railroad Crossing signs always portray the Letter X in its shape, using four arms.  

The painted picture here is called "Box Car Art" and not graffiti when on the side of a railroad box car.

This train also had another painted box car.  I first posted both with a little Poem back in 2016, posted here on another of my blogs.



James' request, Reflections and/or Street Photos/ Candid Captures:  Take Extra Care when fishing in the Florida Everglades, you might snag an alligator.   


A Lagniappe:   This alligator was about twenty yards away from the fishers above and about twenty feet from us. They were in a small boat, we were in an airboat. 

 _ _ _ 

A Notice:  Now that Thanksgiving has past, I am posting my first Christmas Tree on my Christmas Tree Farm blog.  See it at 
 _ _ _ _


- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra-large.] 

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (click here, Link, for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
..

Comments:
X marks the spot where people should wait until the train has gone by.
 
Nice Christmas images!
 
I couldn't find the "X" on the LSU Santa. Love the Florida scenes as I especially miss the warm temperatures, long days and bright skies since moving to Connecticut.
 
...Jim you pulled off X with style. How I wish that X wasn't in the English language. I wish a Merry Christmas to you and your family☃️ 🎄 ❄️ 🎅🏼!
 
That's a lovely Christmas tree! I don't think I've ever seen an alligator in the wild. However I saw several of them at The Alligator Farm when I was a kid. It's long gone now and wasn't much when I went there, but It was really something before my time.
See the link.
https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/california-alligator-park-photographs/
 
I also thought the X was just a shortcut, however, I learned this week that it means something else, courtesy of Wikipedia.
Xmas is a common abbreviation of the word Christmas. It is sometimes pronounced, but Xmas, and variants such as Xtemass, originated as handwriting abbreviations for the typical pronunciation. The "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Christós, which became Christ in English.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?