Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Mothers Day! — Mother and Daughter Reunion — Ruby (Red) Tuesday

(Written late Sunday evening, postdated to Tuesday)It was nice this week to be able to see almost all of my Houston family.
We also got the Jim Bunch together again for eating!
You can click on any picture to make it full screen.
My apologies are offered to the purest, not all of these picture have a lot of red. But red is scattered around pretty good.


Karen, Mrs. Jim and KP 2010
Three generations here

Each lady was given a red rose
KP got one also, shown here two


Mrs. Jim, BP, Billy, KP, Karen
On the right KP enjoyed kicking those bare feet into the water.



The picture on the left was taken at our table today.
We had a three generation mother and daughter reunion.*
All the other pictures above were taken outside after we ate.

On the left is Karen and KP at the 'going away party for Karen.'
Karen's brothers and sisters (four) and their families were there.
Also her cousin, Barb, and her family were able to come. We all
met for a meal of our choice at the UpTown Cafe Express in Houston.




After lunch several got cold inside the cafe and had to go outside
to get warmed up. There were table outside as well as in. A few
went around the corner to the (Wine) Tasting Room (
link) to warm up.


This was both a reunion party and a goodbye party for Karen. She and
Billy had just returned from a 'house hunting' trip to London.

There will be several more parties and dinners around town because Karen
is leaving the country to work in London for at least two years and very
likely four. The rest of her family plan to join her soon, as soon as
the house is on the market and other final arrangements can be made.

Paul Simon : Mother And Child Reunion Lyrics
from MetroLyrics (
link)

No I would not give you false hope
on this strange and mournful day
but the mother and child reunion
is only a motion away,

oh,little darling of mine.
I can't for the life of me
remember a sadder day
I know they say let it be
but it just don't work out that way
and the course of the lifetime runs
over and over again.
(More verses here)
Click the Ruby Tuesday button for Mary's Ruby Tuesday post list
of other interesting RED finds today.
Mary is in charge there, you can see more or post your own from there
.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
There will be many tears when she heads for London and many smiles when she returns home.

Looks like everyone had a great day. Excellent.

Have a terrific evening and week ahead. Big hug. :)
 
Karen and KP are heading for London. I know you are sad for yourself and proud for your daughter all at the same time. How bittersweet.
 
Great family pictures Mr. Jim!
 
Hi Jim,

I haven't seen you on OSI for awhile and wanted to just let you know I was thinking about you. I hope all is well. I have been traveling the globe lately but am back in town now. I too get the blues sometimes but just keep plugging along. Drop in and say hello once in awhile. I miss your writing and humor. Take care and best wishes. Rob
 
Dear Jim,
Nice meeting your entire (almost) bunch again. Little KP, I've known her since before she was born.
She's growing more and more beautiful. Who would thought that was possible.
I like all of your pictures, maybe best of all the great hug picture without any red in it.
I love real bearhugs!

Interesting that your daughter Karen is moving to London. Hope she isn't delayed by more ash from Iceland!!

Our Ruby is returning to Norway after three years education at Writtle.
We are so proud of her.
Maybe we'll meet someday, when your daughter is staying this close to Norway?
Wouldn't that be fun.
Remember bringing lots of woolen clothes.
These last weeks we have had 6-8+ degrees, Celsius that is.
 
You will just have to make a few trips to London .. that's all there is to it. What a lovely going away party . and mother's day all rolled into one special day.
 
So nice to see a family enjoy each other. Sorry you will have to be apart from your daughter.
 
Beautiful pictures! Awesome smiles and I see tiny reds too. Happy RT!

My Cardinal
 
Karen has beautiful red hair just perfect for RT - and a beautiful family in support of her! The family is happy to be together to wish her and KP and the rest of her family well. This is quite a trek from Houston to London. I would guess that the UK has the humidity of Texas- without the heat. ..lovely family captures!
 
Hi Jim,
I found your little note and appreciate your kind words. I'm feeling much better. Doc says I need a knee replacement but I'm not ready for that yet. :)
Your family pictures are lovely. I must remember when I visit my daughter again to get a pic of us and the grandbabies.
All the best to Karen. I'll pray for safe travels for her.
Have a wonderful week Jim!
 
Great family photos:)
Happy RT!
 
Happy mother's day to the Moms in your family Sir Jim! Love the photos esp KP's kicking the water..

Spice Up your life
 
nice insert with the red roses, and so nice to see family getting together ... but sad you'll be separated even if for a time. i have a daughter who's been living in montreal since july last year and i still expect her to walk through the door most days.

My Ruby Redness
 
Wonderful Mother's Day celebration photos, Jim!

Your little KP is just adorable.

Sorry for you that your daughter will be away for awhile. Maybe you can go across the pond and visit.

Happy Ruby Tuesday!
 
beautiful family Jim
great photos
I love that song, it's bittersweet isn't it

Hope sends hugs to KP
 
Wow, Karen leaving must be quite a blow. I'll bet they'll have fun though and you'll have fun visiting them over there.
 
these shots are perfect :) great and memorable indeed!

u may view mine here
 
Wonderful pictures, Jim, and lots of fun celebrating. I especially love the three generation pictures. How long will it be before you are off for a visit in London?
 
Hello again,
I just thought to say that I live very close to Antwerp.
So nice that you have been in Brugge. I like the place, it is small but cozy.
Have a nice day! /Maria
 
dear mr. jim..you had LOTS of red in these pictures...lots of different SHADES of red.
the cutest was the red socks or is it slippers that the babe had on.
it was nice to see the picture of bp in here too.
i am sure that all of the mothers had a very happy mothers day mr. jim and lots of good things to eat!
the roses are pretty....love terry
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?