Wednesday, November 11, 2015

"Z" is for zipper ... — My Alphabe-Thursday — "Z" —


Zipper.  Closes, like you'd better zip your mouth. 

Zippy.  Altogether different, closes nothing, just zips around fast.

Zippier.  Like zipping around, zippy, only a bit faster.

Zipless.  Goes, but not zippy at all.

Zootomy.  Wished I'd picked this number, it sounds like a lot more fun.  Besides I like animals.

Za.  Short for pizza.  Like, let's order some "za" for supper tonight.  Your Dictionary, za

Z.  Short for 'the'.  Like I got "Z" word to be zippy in zipping this post up.  First find a picture or two.

Quite a few Scrabble words in this link, it got me started:
http://wordfinder.yourdictionary.com/words-that-start/z

Zip.  (verb)  1.
 fasten with a zipper. 2. informal
move at high speed.



 ......(noun) 1. (British) a zipper. 2. (informal)
energy; vigor.
. . . . . . . . .3. short for ZIP code .
 . . ..4. (North American) Nothing -- I got 'zip' for my effort 
.
That reminds me of a joke I read someplace about politicians.

Did you hear about the politician who refused to listen to her conscience?

She didn't want to take advice from a stranger.



- - - - - - - -

What not to wear to work:
Link to a nice little article from Forbes On-lineBy Laura Sinberg, Forbes.com (Picture is from that on-line article)

I am retired but my son Mike is my fashion director for the way I dress in the s
ubdivision. He thought my raggedy shorts and holey shirt had to go.


Mrs. Jim is my fashion director for my leisure and in public dressing. She is fairly liberal but does make sure I have not missed any belt loops or forgotten to zip my pants up.


Note:  all after the definition for the word 'zip' I copied from a prior post, of  July 7, 2009.
http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2009/07/monday-update-2009-07-27-this-and-that.html#comment-form

[Click on pictures for larger view.  Back button gets you back] 
Zippy cars: Left, new Mercedes SUV, Right, 1920's Model T Sport (?)
Below, Grandma H's 1974 Mustang II Ghia (now mine)
 

KP's school hosted veteran relatives for breakfast yesterday for Veteran's Day
Afterwards there was a program and parade.
The students put on the program and we all paraded with our student relatives
_ _ _ _
 
 - Jenny is now on her umpteenth series of Alphabe Thursday.  With 52 weeks in a year and 26 letters in the alphabet she does two year for each of the 26 letters, this is one of my seventh series.  I am linked to Jenny's blog, GO HERE for more participants and their offerings.
 

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
shall miss this meme, I really enjoy doing this. We often say Zip yr mouth.
 
Very wonderful post ~ fun knowledge and lovely photos too !

Happy weekend coming to you,
artmusedog and carol
 
Lots of uses for "Z". Very well done.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
 
Fun Z post!!
 
I'm so happy Jenny is going to continue on! I would miss everyone so much...
 
What a fun post! Glad Mrs. doesn't let you run around missing belt loops or zippers.
 
Very entertaining post, Jim. But, no Za-Za. She was quite a zippy lady. I bet she would've loved your Mustang II Ghia. :-)
The View from the Top of the Ladder

 
We need a website for what not to wear to the mall! Just my opinion. :) We'll see what Jenny has in store for us next Wednesday!
 
I am going to miss this meme. I will miss everyone here too unless we all continue on Jenny's new adventure. I am sad but happy too. I always enjoy your shares. You have a nice way with words. Take care and enjoy your weekend.
 
That's interesting class on letter Z
 
Hi Jim, I love the saying, zip your lip! Used it on my son's all the time when they were growing up and got mouthy with me, lol..I am a dear friend of Anne of Phamilyblog, we've known each other since we were 15 years old..love her..Anyway, thought I would stop by and say hi..I also love that the veterans were celebrated at school. My husband is a proud veteran.. Barb
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?