Friday, July 26, 2019
The Letter "D" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections
- the Letter "D" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "D"; (B) A Favorite; (C) "D" for Dark (Tom's choice); and (D) Reflection(s).
I have hopes for her to lend us her hands for more. If you'd like you could give her a hand of encouragement, perhaps she will.
AND I'd appreciate if you would suggest an "E" fruit besides the "Eggplants" that came to my mind, but which KP thinks are GROSS..
(B) A Favorite: Probably the bottom boat picture is MY Favorite, but these are all Favorites for this week. They were taken at our church in our VBS (Vacation Bible School) Classroom where we had 49 third grade students. We had eight (8) third grade classes, most had a similar or larger number of kids.
(C) "D" for Dark (Tom's choice): Here at right is the picture of THE INTERNATIONAL DATELINE that I took from the flight attendants' window on our way home from Sydney, Australia. It was at night, Dark, and my camera did not pick up a good photo. (Read more here...) (Oh yes, the attendants had the exact time that we would be crossing so finding it was now problem, right below. Dah.)
(D) Reflection(s): This is in the Foyer/Atrium of our church, Second Baptist Church Houston, 1463 Campus (# 6 of Seven).
What you see are the Reflections of Globe Lights and a lot of Balloons hung for VBS (Vacation Bible School)
Now for my Friday Two Questions.
When I was doing this post for Teresa I would have this section. It is new here for Tom. I will see if it is liked, let me know. And please PARTICIPATE. Thank you a lot, I like to be humored.
My last post last week was about my Toy Cars. I should have started there by asking about your Toys. If you'd like to tell so, you can do that here even if I didn't ask.
I was able to take a picture out the cabin attendants' window of that line. Unfortunately it was dark outside so the picture leaves a lot to the imagination. I will enjoy reading about your kind feelings towards these words.
_ _ _ _
My Two Questions for this week (you can answer just one if you wish):.
1. Did you attend VBS when you were small?
I did not. I think we did not go to church or Sunday School until I was finished with 5th grade.
2. What favorite fruit or vegetable would you like for me to photograph, with price showing I hope? You can tell me anytime, I will line them up.
Unless I change, My favorite will be Rhubarb. Best in pie, sauce, or jams.
Bonus Question: What is your favorite "D" word?
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews) - The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. - I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/for my Reflections Photo.
- Photos and Poem Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
- Click on most any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here..