Friday, November 15, 2019
The Letter "T" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections
Our Oranges from the backyard tree had 87 edible oranges. Some were fairly ripe and some needed more time to ripen. earlier(1) (2)
We went ahead and picked everything, all 87 before the freeze came earlier this week (it is debatable if they would have been okay, the temp only got down to 29 F). We had eaten a very few before now and then and some also fell off that we discarded.
_ _ _ _
The 46th issue of Weekend Roundup for this year...
(THE TWENTIETH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "T" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "T"; (B) A Favorite;
(C) "T" for '"T"wo' (Tom's choice); and (D) Reflections
(A) Starts with "T": "Tomatoes" starts with "T". On the above right, we in the South love our "Green Tomatoesl".
At right, seems leaving stems on the tomatoes makes them cheaper?
(B) A Favorite: This cast iron old 1920's Taxi Cab is small, about Tootsi Car size, but one of my favorites. I also have a 1:18 scale newer model, 1938 or so, cab that my oldest son gave me.
My sister Lois gave me this one. It had a note saying that Antiques Road Show had valued it in the lower $1000's. When I was small I had a 1:18 scale model Toy cast ironTaxi Cab but it was left outside and then it was run over by a tractor. Ruined.
(I have always thought the note was a joke. Lois and I have never talked about that, it was rolled up inside and I didn't notice it when she gave it to me.)
(C) "T" for '"T"wo' (Tom's choice): Two Riders is the rule for golf carts. KP, our youngest, ten years, granddaughter, played in a Golf Tournament last Sunday afternoon.
Here are Thirteen Golf Carts headed out for the kid's first Tee Boxes. Many of the carts were carrying three, two parents and a kid . At right is KP sizing up her putt.
(D) Reflections: Here is a picture of our kitchen, Reflections on the cabinets and around.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you'd like):
1. What has been your experience with Tomatoes? My colonoscopy doctor said to not eat seeds. So I take every one of them out of my tomatoes that I love out before I eat.
2. What do you grow with your Green or not-so Green Thumb? I am growing an Aloe Vera plant that is around fifty years old. My MIL had always kept it in her kitchen window above the sink.
1. What is your favorite "T" word? Tomahawk is my favorite "T" word because I respect the American Indians very much.
2. What is your take on Oranges? I like my Oranges by the slice but juice is okay.
_ _ _ _
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. - I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ (click here for his Reflections Photos).
- Photos and Text Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved