Friday, July 03, 2020

The Letter "A" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections

The Letter "A" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections
The twenty-seventh issue of Weekend Roundup for this year, 2020...
(THE fIRST LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "A" Prompts are:
(A) Contains the Letter "A";
(B) "Architecture";
(C) A Favorite; and
(D) Reflections
_ _ _ _


(A) Contains the Letter "A":  "All" contains and starts with the Letter "A".   It is one of the shorter "A" words and I was surprised to see it on the company name sign along the highway southeast of Cape Town, South AfricaAfrica also starts with "A".  [Note:  these pictures were taken through out closed bus windows.]



(B) "Architecture":   More scenes as we road out of Cape Town.   Cape Town is a booming place, very modern. 
 

(C) A Favorite:   After Apartheid, two more "A" Words.   This really is not a favorite that I like (Oxymoron??) but a familiar scene over all of South Africa that I want to remember.  Most every town has a community of folk, no longer discriminated against by law, but still super very disadvantaged economically. 

The homes are built out of what can be arranged to get, often scrape lumber.  Many have no electricity or running water.  Also not a planned community with an organized street plan or home placement.  



(D) Reflections:  This another look at a part of where we walk.  Second picture is a slightly cropped display for closer large size view (click on picture, click on THAT picture if you have a "+" as your cursor or other visual means, or just try it).

The primary reason for all the green areas is for flood control.  We had a few inches of rain the day before I took these photos.


_ _ _ _  

_ _ _ _

The fine print:
 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).
- The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.

.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Love the reflections. Sometimes they are prettier than the real thing.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Jim. 😎
 
You had a lot of great 'A's. I have never been there, but enjoyed seeing different things.
I love the reflections too - I saw one once with fall colored trees - it was gorgeous.
I was thinking back today about my elementary school - Ashford Park Elementary.
I hope you have a great 4th of July.
Sandie
 
You sure found perfect pics for A. Africa must have been a wonderful trip. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
 
...well Jim, you have me beat, I've never been to AFRICA. That sounds like quite an adventure. Take care and enjoy your 4th of July weekend.
 
I am just reading Trevor Noah's book Born a Crime telling about his childhood in South Africa. He was a crime, because his mother was black & his father white. Apartheid was terrible.
 
That is an interesting ship with the crane - is it a salvage vessel? Cape Town has a modern look, and I agree - discrimination based on race, status or lack of money is oh so wrong...the flood control 'ponds look as if nature planted them there...
 
Nice post! One of the reflections seems to be attached to the crane. :-)
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?