Friday, June 05, 2020
The Letter "W" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections
(THE TWENT-THIRD LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "W" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "W";
(B) "White" (Tom's choice);
(C) A Favorite; and
_ _ _ _
(A) Starts with the Letter "W": Water starts with "W". It has rained tropical water, cats and dogs and rabbits this week. We are looking out the front door, the whipping rain doesn't show real good.
At right, the rain gutters were running over. You are looking into a small front porch with a brick floor leading to the drive way. The wall is a column at the middle of the driveway's front, into the garage.
(B) "White" (Tom's choice): This is Trudy, our youngest granddaughter, KP's White Rabbit.
What you are seeing in the foreground is a little amusement park.
(D) Reflections: More Water of a small lake by one of our walking trails
It was just starting to get dark. The White Globs in the water are Reflections of the street lights along the street and sidewalk.
(E) A Lagniappe: This is Last Week's Reflection that had dissapeared after I posted. The reflections in the two upper windows are of the sunset, it was real pretty that evening.
_ _ _ _
My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you wish):
(1) What comes to mind when you think of "White"? I think of the White Carnation flowers that we buy. But right away I think of the song.
(2) Where was the last Toy Rabbit Doll that you saw? If that doesn't work, your favorite stuffed toy will do. I will ask this again I am sure. It was the one KP had brought over the afternoon that we played Clue games.
(1) What is your favorite "W" word? This time it will be "Why"? I like to know the How's and Why's of things.
(2) Where is the closest amusement park to you? When was the last time you went to one? I The Galveston Beach one is our closest, about 40 miles. We have never been to it, it is quite new, less than 10 years old. Probably the last one I have attended was the old Astro World, beside our Astrodome where the Houston Astros played for a long time. It was the FIRST DOMED STADIUM in the World, 1965 completion. It was still being build when I came here from New Hampshire in 1964.
_ _ _ _
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).