Thursday, September 17, 2020
The Letter "L" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections
The thirty-eighth issue of Weekend Roundup for this year, 2020...
(THE TENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "L" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "L";
(B) "Lake" (Tom's Choice);
(C) A Favorite; and
_ _ _ _
(C) A Favorite: These young Ladies are our (We have four, the fourth lives away for her job) granddaughters, they visited last Sunday. I had forgotten all about it being Grand Parents Day. Lucky Me.
(A) Starts with the Letter "L": Lantern starts with my "L" today. These are LED lanterns that I bought last year when a hurricane threatened, as then if it came we very likely would loose power. I had them out again this year but so far those coming up from the Gulf of Mexico have veered into Louisiana instead. We live about 55 miles from the ocean waters. The lanterns were three for $19.99.
(B) "Lake" (Tom's Choice): I'm not sure exactly where we were. And I'm not sure it is a Lake. I took the picture in South Africa around Cape Town last winter.
(D) Reflections: A point along Lake Conroe (Texas, north of Houston) on which our former home's subdivision bordered.
Note the crane and it's Reflection swooping down and along looking for fish.
1. What is your favorite "L" word? Mine First would always be the Lord. After that will be Lois, my sister. https://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/search?q=lois She lives about 1400 miles north of us so neither of us hardly drive that far anymore. Last time we were up was July 2017. We had been thinking of going up this year to Eastern Iowa to see her but Mother Nature's new Corona Virus strain #19 put a nix on that. Next year? She a daughter near us but they are able to drive the distance regularly to see Mom.
2. Tell about one of your experiences with water birds. Just around the corner is the rough area of the golf course with a steep bank going into the water. Adi and I would walk there and Adi saw a crane or egret watching for a fish down in the water, she would chase it off. She liked to see them go flying away.
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).
- The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law