Friday, October 30, 2020
The Letter "R" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections
The forty-fourth issue of Weekend Roundup for this year, 2020...
(A) Starts with the Letter "R": "Rainbow" starts with the letter "R". Don't you just love the Mama pushing her Baby in the Perambulator!!
"Remember" also starts with "R". Please Remember what all you learned this year from our "National Breast Cancer Month" doings.
Mrs. Jim had a doctor vistit yesterday, at the Houston Methodist Memorial Hospital they were finishing with the Breast Cancer Awareness Month things, they had a beautiful craftwork display in the entry to the Hospital.
I am showing the pictures that I took when we left.
(B) "Red" (Tom's Choice): See the Red Pretties. "Taco Bout a Mamno."
(C) A Favorite: This was Mrs. Jim's Favorite, the Witches.
They looked Real to us.
(D) Reflections: I Rate this men's public rest room at the Houston Memorial Hospital West a FIVE, the highest on my scale. It is an all automatic, touch-nothing, facility. The faucets, the soap dispensers, the towels, and even flushing, are auto.
And everything was super clean. Only the diaper changing station, beside me in the photo, is manual.
I did not take this picture to be a Selfie, I just couldn't find a place to hide.
(E) A Lagniappe: Here are the few other pictures I took at the hospital entry:
_ _ _ _
(1) What if anything is your surrounding doing for "Breast Cancer Aware Month? There are various activities and fund raisers around. We did not participate, we've had a wedding at the beginning of the month and then spent two weeks in Baton Rouge with our elderly, age 100, cousin.
(2) What is your favorite "R" Word? Mine today will be Radio. I have an Amateur Radio Operator license but have not been active for quite some time. I enjoy finding and listening tp Short Wave radio stations.
I also like working two-way with Morse Code and then with the Two Meter Repeater activities. I have been a Ham Radio Operator since 1960 and have several radios, all of an older generation.
_ _ _ _
Fine print stuff:
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).
- The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.