Friday, October 30, 2020

 The Letter "R" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections

The forty-fourth issue of Weekend Roundup for this year, 2020... 

(THE EIGHTEENTH  LETTER FOR THIS SERIES) - the Letter "R" Prompts are: (A) Starts with the Letter "R";  (B) "Red" (Tom's Choice); (C) A Favorite; and (D) Reflections. (E)  A Lagniappe.

(Z) had to be A - Z , TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY  !!!! :) 

 _ _ _ _  

(A) Starts with the Letter "R":  "Rainbow" starts with the letter "R".  Don't you just love the Mama pushing her Baby in the Perambulator!!

"Remember" also starts with "R". Please Remember what all you learned this year from our "National Breast Cancer Month" doings.  

Mrs. Jim had a doctor vistit yesterday, at the Houston Methodist Memorial Hospital they were finishing with the Breast Cancer Awareness Month things, they had a beautiful craftwork display in the entry to the Hospital. 

I am showing the pictures that I took when we left.  

(B) "Red" (Tom's Choice):  See the Red Pretties"Taco Bout a Mamno."

(C) A Favorite:  This was Mrs. Jim's Favorite, the Witches.  

They looked Real to us.

(D) ReflectionsI Rate this men's public rest room at the Houston Memorial Hospital West a FIVE, the highest on my scale.  It is an all automatic, touch-nothing, facility.  The faucets, the soap dispensers, the towels,  and even flushing, are auto.  

And everything was super clean.  Only the diaper changing station, beside me in the photo, is manual.  

I did not take this picture to be a Selfie, I just couldn't find a place to hide.

(E)  A Lagniappe:  Here are the few other pictures I took at the hospital entry: 


 _ _ _ _ 

Bonus Questions:

(1)  What if anything is your surrounding doing for "Breast Cancer Aware Month?  There are various activities and fund raisers around.  We did not participate, we've had a wedding at the beginning of the month and then spent two weeks in Baton Rouge with our elderly, age 100, cousin.

(2) What is your favorite "R" Word?  Mine today will be Radio.  I have an Amateur Radio Operator  license but have not been active for quite some time.  I enjoy finding and listening tp Short Wave radio stations.  

I also like working two-way with Morse Code and then with the Two Meter Repeater activities.  I have been a Ham Radio Operator since 1960 and have several radios, all of an older generation.

 _ _ _ _ 

 Fine print stuff: 

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).
- The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
I love all the decorations. Beautiful.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Jim. My best to Mrs. Jim. 😎
 
CLICK ON ANY PICTUTE, IT WILL GET LARGER.
IF YOUR CURSOR POINT HAD A PLUS, {+) ,
IN A CIRLCE CLICK AGAIN AND IT WILL GET LARGER STILL!!
The details that you will see are as interesting
as the picture itself.
..
 
...well Happy Birthday!
...those pool noodles make a great rainbow.
...I had forgotten about National Breast Cancer Month, but just saw in the food adds the Nov5th is National Donut Day.
...only a five? looks nice.
...the hospital looks all decked out.
Thanks Jim for joining the party, that care and stay safe.

 
Glad I'm not the only one who takes pictures in public bathrooms. We have some of those totally automated ones too. Love the ones with the dryers on the side of the faucets.
Too bad they can't automate changing baby's diapers!
 
Great post and happy birthday! I wish all public restrooms were as nice as that one.

Here is the address where I took my picture (12 Rue des Deux Ponts, 75004 Paris, France). It was in front of a Carrefour express market. If you use Google maps street view you can see the mirror that I used. It's on the left side of the wall in front of the market.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?