Friday, January 29, 2021

Letter "E" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections

The fifth issue this week of my 2021 WEEKEND ROUNDUP postings and ... (THE FIFTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES) - the Letter "E" Prompts are: (A) Starts with the Letter "E"; (B) "Evergreen" (Tom's Choice); (C) A Favorite; (D) Reflections; and (E) A Lagniappe.
 _ _ _ 




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(A) Starts with the Letter "E":   Exam starts with the letter "E".  What and When was the last time you took an exam?  And or that you Gave an Exam? 

The last one that I remember taking was for my FCC Extra Class Amateur Radio Exam at the FCC Office in Boston,  Massachusetts.  Ham Radio Operators exchange QSL Cards (one pictured above) as a memory device which proves a radio contact was made.

I gave at least six exams for every college course that I taught.  Let's do some math.  Six for each of my Five class load would be 30 a semester and 12 for my two summer classes, 30 + 30 + 12 = 72 Exams a year for 22 years would be 1,584 Exams given for my teaching career.  

I tease about giving Mrs. Jim an exam during her annual performance review session.  Some states start giving physical and rules exam for seniors' driving license renewals.  In Texas senior we have to come in person for a visual assessment for ability and to take an eye test, that is every two years for folk my age.  I lucked out though, my last renewal merited me a seven year exam.   Mrs. Jim does NOT have a 'wives license' although when I was buying her for $25 I did get  marriage license.

I also teased my last Sunday school class that I would be giving exams.  But I did not require one during my fourteen years with that class before we moved away.  

I started teaching Clerk Typing for my first Army assignment and since then have been teaching or training the rest of my life until that last move.  Even before the Army I had taught a few girls or ladies driving lessons.  The army besides schools requires a lot of learning through OJT and I did that in New Hampshire, teaching the Operation and Maintenance of the satellite tracking station that we, I was an Aerospace Engineer there, were installing.  It is still there, west of Manchester.  I am not sure it is open for visitors.

But I have been bettered at the younger age teaching by our youngest granddaughter.  She has a dedicated play school room at her home.  Many times when she comes to visit us she has a lesson planned for Mrs. Jim and me which ends with an Exam.  


(B) "Evergreen" (Tom's Choice):  These Evergreens are called Poplars or Italian Cypress trees.  I cannot tell the difference but my Master Gardner friends probably could.  I do believe we ought to know and perhaps that should be a question, the difference, on the Master Gardner Exam.  My recommendation.


(C) A Favorite:   This Service Dog was helping one of these folks.  I do not know what breed dog this is.  For sure dog breeds are needed questions on the Veterinary License Exam.  Even in high school Ag classes we needed to be able to identify the different weed seeds. 


(D) Reflections:  This was the little pond between the roadway and the poplar/cypress trees pictured above.


(E) A Lagniappe:  The Last Rose of Summer.  If you look closely (Magnifier's allowed) you can find the Red Rose and its Reflection.  

Actually, our roses bloom year-round so there were more, taller ones to the left and these shorter versions in front of the hedge.
 _ _ _ _ 

Bonus Questions:

(1)   Tell a bit about your experience or feelings about getting your first Driving LicenseI don't remember much about getting it as I had a 'School and Work Driving License' since I was 14.  I do remember going to the Lincoln, Nebraska, DMV Office to get it in exchange for my 14-year-old's license.  

(2) What is your favorite Word starting with  "E"?   Mine today will be "Ear Rings" and how they make your ear growing action faster.  I blogged (click here) about the ear growing bit quite some time ago. One finding is that the heavier Ear Ring the faster the Ear Length will grow. 

(3) Anything else you were reminded of here that you  would like to tell about? 

My going blogs:

Jim's Little Blog, http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/

Jim's Little Photo and Picture Place, http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/

Jim's little Christmas tree farm,  http://jimmiehov7.blogspot.com/, and  

Ask Dr. Jim (blog), http://jimmiehov8.blogspot.com/ 

Cars I have owned (32 including the Golf Car)  http://jimmiehov3.blogspot.com/2021/01/cars-i-have-owned-toy-cars-not-listed.html 

Adi Pictures and Information.   Click here, Link to Adi's Meme   Adi died in 2012.

 _ _ _ _ 

 Fine print stuff: 

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews

 - I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.  

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
(1) Tell a bit about your experience or feelings about getting your first Driving License. My dad and I went together and took both the written and the driving test. I scored better than he did. We were both surprised.

(2) What is your favorite Word starting with "E"? Elation comes to mind. Great happiness is a good thing.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Jim. My best to Mrs. Jim. ☺
 
...it's been a long time since I took an EXAM!
...your Italian Cypress EVERGREENS won't grow here, it's too cold for then. They AREN'T poplars!!!
...our last rose of summer was months ago.
Thanks Jim for stopping by, take care!
 
Don't have and never have had a driver's license. City girl here.
 
Nice reflections.
 
Nice pictures, Jim. The dog looks to me that it might be a black lab or a black lab mix. Sure is a pretty one! I got my license in Norwich, CT (we were living in Gales Ferry) I passed the exam and driving test first try, yay! I took the driving test in our 1968 VW Bug. I loved that car. I still have my first license, somewhere in a scrapbook, they were just paper back then! Have a good week, Jim.
Dawn
 
I have had my driving licence since \i ws 17, passed first time. E for encouragement. I like to encourage people. I give my bird group work to do, research and then present to the group and sometime a bird quiz with a prize. Lovely reflections Jim. No Tea is NOT grown in Ireland . Those shots were in Malawi. Have a great week ahead.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?