Friday, April 09, 2021

Letter "O" -- Weekend Roundup and Street/Reflections

Note my "booted foot!!!"  


I fell last Friday and broke, of all body parts, my right foot big toe.  Foot doctor says to wear it for eight weeks and hope the break will grow back together.
 _ _ _ _ 

THE FIFTHTEENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES) - the Letter "O" Prompts are: (A) Starts with the Letter "O"; (B) "Over" (Tom's Choice); (C) A Favorite; (D) Street/Reflections; and (E) A Lagniappe. 
 _ _ _ _ 

 [click on the picture for larger viewing - click that picture for larger yet]
 

(A) Starts with the Letter "O":   Orange Tree starts with "O".   It's time for an update.  My much posted Orange Tree froze in our unusual February winter storm and a Blanket Over it wasn't enough help.  

I am thinking of a pretty blooming cherry tree to replace it but Mrs. Jim thinks that maybe our winters aren't long enough and cold enough for cherries. It will be replaced with a small tree again. 

Body Outline; Lower Right (click for larger)
[my Cape Horn, S. Africa Beach photo]

(B) "Over" (Tom's Choice):   Penguins all Over.  I used this picture in my Day 8 NaPoWriMo "poem", at .  


(C) A Favorite:   Left Over Mac 'n Cheese.  This day I was almost Out of Luck, Only Five Pieces of macaroni were left for me.   

Like many Other Grandparents we keep a supply of Mac 'n Cheese for our youngest 1granddaughter who lives within walking distance from us.   Right now I have a small bowl of Left Over Mac in our refrigerator. 


(D) Street/Reflections:   "Family Feud" score board,  Reflected on the coffee table.  To win $2000 today's contestant winning team needed at least 200 points, they ended up with only 153. 

Note my "booted foot!!!"  I fell and broke, of all body parts, my right foot big toe.  Foot doctor says to wear it for eight weeks and hope the break will grow back together.  


(E) A Lagniappe:   A nice Tea for Old Folk had these goodies for eating along with our tea.  We were just about to sample the chocolate puff cookies when we had to leave for a tour of the place.
 _ _ _ _ 

 - I am attempting to write at least one poem a day for the National Poem Writing Month.  Today is Day Seven of the 30, you can see my progress here, .
 _ _ _ _ 

Bonus Questions: 
 
(1)  Tell about any dealings you have had with an Afternoon 
Tea  When we are on a cruise, most cruise ships have Afternoon Tea at about 3:00PM for an hour, either in a dining room or large lounge.  I like the lounge high looking out over the bow or the aft on showing contrails of water being kicked up by the propellers.  
Also, our younger daughter, KP likes Hotel Afternoon Tea, especially the hotels in London. 
 

(2) What is your favorite Word starting with "O"?  Mine today will be  "Often", because unlike many other words, it only has one definition.  And also because it means things are happening.     

(3) Anything else you were reminded of here that you would like to tell about? 

My going blogs: 

For all of Jim's NaPoWriMo 2021 post click 

 http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/search/label/NaPoWriMo%202021

Jim's Little Blog, http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/

Jim's Little Photo and Picture Place, http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/

Jim's little Christmas tree farm,  http://jimmiehov7.blogspot.com/, and  

Ask Dr. Jim (blog), http://jimmiehov8.blogspot.com/ (seldom newly posted)

 _ _ _ _ 

 Fine print stuff: 

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Cool penguin shot.
 
Sorry to hear you broke you big toe Jim. 8 weeks with the boot is a long time. Love the Penguin shot. OPEN to new ideas. Have a lovely weekend and stay safe.
 
...ouch! Too bad about your ORANGE tree! I've never seen Penguins all OVER the place. I like left OVER Mac 'n Cheese too, but Kraft? Be more careful on your skateboard Jim.
 
Hi Jim, I'm really sorry to hear about your broken toe. I broke my big toe, in two places, 16 years ago and it's never been the same. It did heal, but it took many years, not to feel any pain from it. I still cannot bend it properly. I hope you heal better and quicker than I did. I love the smell of orange blossoms. I wish I was in AZ this time of year, my son and I were just talking about the blossoms this week, he lives in Gilbert with his family. I lived in AZ for 15 years, I do miss its beauty, but not the scorching, hot summers. Not sure if I/we could go back now that we are retired, I'm a New England native and I love NH and the seacoast. Decisions are not easy, anymore. By the way, I love Family Feud, too! Have a good week, Jim!
Dawn
 
Sorry to hear about your foot. Cool reflection! I remember watching Family Feud in the 1970s when it was hosted by Richard Dawson.
 
You could have added "O" for "Ouch!" on this post. Hope you heal well and quickly.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?