The second issue this week of my 2021 WEEKEND ROUNDUP postings and ... (THE SECOND LETTER FOR THIS SERIES) - the Letter "B" Prompts are: (A) Starts with the Letter "B"; (B) "Blue" (Tom's Choice); (C) A Favorite; (D) Reflections; and (E) A Lagniappe.
_ _ _ _
(A) Starts with the Letter "B": Burn starts with the Letter "L". Actually the pizza is not burned, it just has been in a hot oven a bit too long, a little crispy and browned but still very good and edible. This one is a peperoni from Whole Foods, Mrs. Jim has another, a Cauliflower one.
(B) "Blue" (Tom's Choice): How about a Blue 1940 Mercury car? (some will say Blue-Green)
I don't know if you remember this one or not. I had never seen one until this fall. It is a 1940 Mercury Four-door Convertible. I think it is not a Phantom convertible model although it might be if they made one. Read more here . (C) A Favorite: Another Mercury, a Green 1951. These are a couple from our now defunct Early Ford V8 Club. Found in Oklahoma, note the Reflections in its original finish. For more, again read my October 2012 post here.
The above 1951 Mercury is now 62 years old. I had a nice 1950 Mercury two-door Jimmy Dean model while I was in the U.S. Army for five years in the late 50's. At present I have sold my 1950 Ford Custom Deluxe Tudor, black with a sun visor. More at the same link above
(D) Reflections: A Mall in Dubai with plenty of light and a well polished floor.
(E) A Lagniappe. This is "M i s s F i s h e r" as seen on B r i t i s h TV. She plays the part of a lady private detective and is on our sets Thursday evenings. We like British TV and also watch "Keeping up appearances," "Father Brown," and "Masterpiece Theater" with Barnaby, with Endeavor (Moore), and others. I think we started with "Mr. Bean".
_ _ _ _
(1) Do you have an experience of burning food which you or someone else were cooking that you would like to tell? (Most everyone has at least burned toast. I scrape the burned part off and eat what's left?") Yes, of course, a few times something in our oven smokes so bad that our smoke detector goes off. QUICK, OPEN THE DOORS AND WINDOWS AND GET THE FAN!!!!
(2) What is your favorite Word starting a "B"? Mine today will be "B r i t i s h TV"? , I only wish we could find "Mr. Bean" reruns on our TV again. We have DirecTV.
(3) How about B r i t i s h TV?
(4) Anything else you were reminded of here that you would like to tell about?
My going blogs:
Jim's Little Blog, http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/
Jim's Little Photo and Picture Place, http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/
Jim's little Christmas tree farm, http://jimmiehov7.blogspot.com/, and
Ask Dr. Jim (blog), http://jimmiehov8.blogspot.com/
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
Fine print stuff:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).
- The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
Labels: Cars, Food, Friday's Weekend Roundup 06, Reflections, TV