Friday, March 10, 2023

Letter "J" --- Friday's Weekend Roundup 10 / Reflections and-or Street/Candid Captures

 - Tom's Requests: Starts with "J"; A Favorite; and Tom's suggestion, "Junk." 
 - James' request, Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures. 
 - I would like for you to see my last week's post if you haven't already.  I posted late and several missed it.  Please click here when you are finished with the J's here.  It has a picture of Mrs. Jim and I standing behind the cake for our Fiftieth Wedding Anniversary.  
 _ _ _ _


Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures:  From my "Dog days in Telluride" 2008 post, URL.  That is Mrs. Jim in the green pants petting this dog, there are other dogs also on the posting.

  

Starts with "J"The car is my 1950 Jimmy Dean Mercury 2-Door.  I traded it for my equity in my 1956 Ford Sunliner Convertible after I was drafted into the Army.  That car was about a year old, I had purchased it new and my monthly payments were more than a Private's pay, married and two kids.  

 Here I was parked on the early slopes of Mt. Franklin in El Paso (Texas).  I was age 21 and stationed there at the Fort Bliss U.S. Army post.  This was for five years and three kids born at the William Beaumont U.S. Army Hospital.  One other, our oldest daughter was born at a civilian hospital in El Paso.

Mount Franklin overlooked El Paso and was easy to climb.  I would climb up and take the cable car down. 
 
Tom's suggestion, "Junk":   Junk MailWe get plenty of it.  I wonder if this New Zealander's box gets any of it.  About a fourth of the mail boxes in NZ seem to have some admonition note left for the mail carrier to not leave junk mail in their boxes.  I hope it works for them
[Click here for a few more NZ junk mail

.
.
A Favorite:  Notice the Junk Mail now sorted out into the sack on the upper right.  A nice bundle of mail was left at our doorstep, and we found it that Saturday night when got home around eleven. That's it in the pictured bucket, labeled United States Postal Service, and it was full.  I don't know where we'd been, that was around the middle of April, 2006. 

A Lagniappe:  Our "J" Countries visited are JamaicaJapan, and Jordan.  

The Fine Print:   

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra-large.] 
 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 
 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Traveler" (click here, Link, for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 
 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).
.. 

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
What a fun post!
We once were in Outback Australia and delivered some batteries to a homestead in the middle of nowhere near Oodnadatta - a sign: "no junk mail, no Jehova´s witnesses!"
Sad I didn´t take a pic (it was real film back then).
 
Yikes, that's a lot of junk. We hardly get any mail these days, we do everything online. We also have the option to opt out of junk, which we do. However, we can't opt out of stuff from politicians, which is the biggest junk of all!
 
...a JIMMY Dean is nice and is a Ford Sunliner.
...today we got one piece of mail and it was JUNK!
thanks JIM for stopping by!!!
 
I like the first one the best. Very nice street candid indeed.
 
Every day is Dog Day at my house!
 
Jim That is a great street Photograph. WOW! That is a lot of JUNK mail! Have a wonderful week ahead
 
the dog looks very happy, mind you they normally are with a pat aren't they? Luckily we don't get alot of junk mail here except the odd newspaper here and there.
 
Good pictures! I like 1950's cars more than the ones today.
 
Ugh, junk mail. Such a waste of trees.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?