Sunday, January 28, 2007

He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers **

. Posted by Picasa
. . . . . . . . . . . [See, we do grow fruit besides lemons (link to that post)]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Click on picture to make full screen

.
That sounds like good advice. It sounds easy, and the Lord Jesus has said "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."****


**Psalm 1: (BibleGateWay link)
1 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
4 Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

Psalm 1 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by
International Bible Society
.
.

**** Matthew 11:28-30 (BibleGateWay link)
28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Matthew 11:28-30 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by
International Bible Society


.
Posted by Picasa
Adi says, "That's all Greek and Hebrew to me. I want you to be watching those birds behind me. That won't be so easy."

Comments:
Dear Jim....Thanks for telling me about Sandy's new baby...I was working all day yesterday and then when I came home I fell promply to sleep and didn't get up until 730 this morning!!

What were you trying to do when you took Adi's picture? Telling her to watch the birdy and say cheese..
Well i guess she told YOU to be watching the birdies!!

One gorgeous doggie, I am telling you!

Have a good Lord's day...from Terry
 
It's beautiful in July. So what's it look like in January? Pictures, please.
 
Lovely picture of Adi with those lovely plants and flowers!
 
Great post, and pictures

Have a Great Week to come!


and Thanks for the visit!
 
Hi Jim

Thanks for visiting today. Since your into Psalms I would recommend that you stop by Erica's blog Butterfly Kisses

She does a post each Sunday called Psalms Sunday.

I'll be honest, I'm not too inspired by Psalms but I am inspired by Erica's faith and what she writes in her blog.

Your garden is beautiful and so is your dog, Adi.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?