Wednesday, April 25, 2007
This and That . . . . . . Times Five
The speedometer picture in Mondays blog was taken of my Mustang.
The picture above was posted on my February, 23, 2007 blog (link). I said:
I'm so glad it's spring again! So is my little Mustang. This was the first warm-weather, top-down, day of 2007.
[I don't want you to worry about that white garage door paint on the bumper. I have some latex paint remover that takes it right off. I've been there before, done that.]
A NEW FRIEND
Tumaini Kids!, (link to this special blog). It was picked up by Blogger's Blogs of Note blog (link) Monday, the 23rd. It is written by the kids at the school, most of whom are just now learning English.
Here is what it is all about:
- "TumainiKids is one of the first blogs written by OVCs (orphans and vulnerable children) on the Internet, and is part of the Hope Runs project. To find out more, see www.HopeRuns.org or www.TrippingOnWords.com!"
- From their FAQ post (link):"What brings a child to Tumaini?"
There are four main reasons that the 170+ children have ended up at Tumaini, and why there are so many more hoping to enter.
1. Either one or both of a child's parents died of AIDS. A common misconception is that the term "AIDS Orphans" means that the children themselves are sick. This may not be the case. The term actually refers to their parents' cause of death, and can be used on a larger level to refer to the "Silent Crisis" behind this lost generation.
2. The child is orphaned for another reason.
3. The poverty level is such that a child's parents cannot support him or her.
4. The parents are mentally unfit to care for their children.
Some of the stories are soooo touching. These kids are literally rescued from the depths of deprived kids and given a
second first chance for a solid life.
Or just go see them all (link), there aren't too many yet, the blog is just getting started good. It could use your encouragement.
Bloggers are blogging about SEO (or seo) now-adays. I have now idea what in the world this is. Some could show me to a quick update, please. Unless it is immoral, then forget it.
I loved that link to the Tumaini Kids!
Adi looks very pretty with that flower!! She found a good spot!
your comments, glad you liked the Angel Story of Yellow Roses and the brunette jokes. Don't see them ofte.
Thanks for the concern for my eye problem but I hope it will work out OK in the end. Take care, Regards,
She sure will look smart in her limo wearing that nice flower!!
Now that Ron [RRBJ] has sent Princess to me but I will let that young lady know that Adi is STILL the Top Dog!!...from Terry
Links to this post: