Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pick a time, any time (2 through 8) -- Teacher says "Tell why"

A Time for Everything

1. There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2. a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3. a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4. a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5. a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6. a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7. a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8. a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (NIV)




I'd give you the time
clocks have stopped would if I could
if I had the time




Copyright © 2009 Jimmiehov. All Rights Reserved



Painting is easy when you don’t know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Dégas
The same goes for my poetry attempts (don't know how, but I enjoy it!).

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Hi Jim ~~ I really like this post from Ecclesiastes - A Time for everything!!
Thanks for your comment about woman drivers in Texas and in general. Glad you liked the Bartender joke. Yuk. Take care, my friend, Regards, Merle.
 
morning !
 
I love this scripture! I really try to concentrate on #4 right now. Although they all seem to fit into my life right now.
 
Great verses Jim!!

I enjoyed your second part of your trip too! What fun!!

I hope you have Adi a new tub by now!!

Oh, I really laughed at your funny comment on my post about the shoe in the bar!!
 
GOD LOVES YOU AND WE LOVE YOU. Keep smiling and continue to write your blog. Love, virg n mary
 
:-)
Painting and poetry - both can be done fairly easily.
If you like your poetry, then it is a success.

Good scripture passage.
 
Good message for a Monday, too.

Hope the Jim Bunch is doing well...I need to go back and read all the posts I missed!
 
Hi Jim, I love this...funny, even the Simon & Garfunkle song comes to mind that I heard before I read the scriptures. It's a beautiful passage. Ha, I'm doing a bit of contemplating being sick right now (my time) with a horrible chest cold. Hopefully I can pen something soon. I pop on line to read a bit and knock out...
 
Yes, there is a time for everything....We can't stop the clock Jim, it just keeps on ticking no matter what.
 
Yeah, that's a good verse!
And I like the clocks in the picture - they look like the Russian Matryoshka
 
Hi Jim ~~ Thank you for your Australia Day wishes and I am glad you liked the jokes and Mrs. Jim also got a laugh. I can read jokes over and over and still get a laugh from them. Take care, blonde joke on tonight's post. Regards, Merle.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?