Thursday, May 10, 2012
Parking today -- Things in a Row -- Two Questions -- MidWeek Blues -- More London Pictures
Economy vehicles have higher population density parking. The bicycles alike with the blue panels are for rent. Cheap? I don't know.
- - - - - - - -
And now for my Thursday Two Questions: (See Thursday Two Questions by Self Sagacity for more reading. You could also make your own by checking in at this link.)
Last week 's post was about my and your travel, 'going-out-to-eat' food, and bacon eating habits. Answers ran the gamut, you can go back (May 3rd) and check.
My Two Questions for this week:
1. What part of travel modes do you do on the economy bit?
We have six bicycles in the family. Two for Mrs. Jim, two for me, and two left over from when Karen (Karen's Blog) was still at home! Please don't ask how many are operational. Well, most are but we haven't ridden for several years.
I am dang good at it!
1. We gave our bicycles away. Just too old for them anymore. We do walk a lot. Sometimes we'll walk somewhere instead of driving.
2. I'm dang good at it too.
3. I'm of the same opinion as you are.
Have a terrific day. :)
I am lucky to have found work that allows me to work from home two days a week. It's really great that I don't have to put the wear and tear on my car, pay for expenseive gas, and have some sanity. We also have a machine at home to exercise so that we will never have to pay for the gym again.
When I was volunteering for my son's Elementary school, I had to parallel parked a lot because - I don't know about elsewhere, but in San Jose, there is the lack of land, and parking space isn't plentiful. Anyways, sometimes I would surprise myself that I actually got in the tiniest spaces.
To answer your questions:
1) Our BIG contribution is trading our truck in for a car. Gas mileage went from about 6 mpg to 20 or so! Yipee!
2. I never parallel parked the big honking truck; I've yet to try the car!
love the little cars although here in NJ I'd probably be squashed
Hugs to all with an extra one for KP
My bike is no longer operational, but then no longer am I (as a bike rider). I do walk quite often though and share a ride. My parallel parking needs work. lol
2. I don't think I can parallel park. I can do it in my mind though :)
3. I think is good that we are using economic travel when possible. Hopefully it will bring things back to community and help the nation.
Happy Friday Jim!
Links to this post: