Thursday, September 06, 2012
— My Alphabe-Thursday — "P" — Things in a Row — Two Questions —
I really enjoyed your responses to my watch pictures last week. My Two Questions for this week (you can answer just one if you wish):
1. Have you ever been to Paris? If your answer was yes, what special place of interest did you like to see or do? If it was no, then what might you like to do do when and if you could go?
As you saw in my post, walking around is the best. Almost as good is visiting the various museums. My favorite is the Musée d'Orsay, the building for which is a converted train station, Gare d'Orsay. I like because of all of the masters on exhibition there. Van Gogh will be my favorite in this museum.
2. What city is most special for you to visit?
I have a hard time with this. London, and Paris and New York City in that order are probably my favorite large cities to visit. Mostly because there is a lot to do in those cities within walking distance of 'down town.'
Bonus Question: What would be your favorite "P" word?
As for your pitcher, I much prefer using my everyday dishes because they are so pretty on my table! Later in the year, I will show everyone what I use at Christmas (no, not the "good china!")
I've never been to Paris, but I love your photos!
We went to a LOT of art museums - which I truly enjoyed. I loved going to the market - the different stores - flowers, cheese, meat. A specialty store for each.
2. I avoid large cities, so I can't answer this. I like the small more down to earth places.
3. Peace would be my choice as the world just keeps getting crazier and crazier and more divided.
Have a terrific day. :)
I got a great laugh out of the rather unusual car parking. I'll bet he did get a ticket for that one although it was very creative.
Nope, have never been to Paris. We like to spend our vacations in more open spaces like the desert or mountains. Neither of us care much for large cities. I would like to visit Edinburgh some day since I have many ancestors from that area.
Favorite "P" word? Maybe popcorn.
I think the most interesting big city we have ever visited is Boston. I love the history, the sights, and the interesting architecture. I'd love to go back some day!
1. Never been to Paris, but I would love to go. I'm sure it would be an experience. I hope if I go, I do not get into the regular tourist traps.
2. I don't have a favorite city as yet.
3. P is for procrastination. yes I do this alot.
I have been to Paris once. I was a chaperone for high school students - my son and daughter went - it was a month long and we went everywhere. So much fun!
Looks like you and your wife have been there many wonderful times.
I like that whiteware. I have some in a similar pattern. We always end up using our plain dishes rather than the two sets of vintage china we own!
I've never been to Paris, Jim!
It would be lower on my list right now. I am anxious to get to Salem, OR to visit our new Grandson!
I think I'd choose that over international for the moment!
Thanks for letting us Pop into your life this week!
Links to this post: