Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Two Shoes Tuesday # 11 (my ten) -- "Hidden" / Jim's true meaning of hidden / MidWeek Blues

.
What does today's prompt word, hidden, really mean to Jim?  Hint: I have been feeling BLUE about it for a week now.  You've probably guessed it but please read my blog today to make sure that you guessed correctly.



My '98 Ford Mustang GT convertible isn't hidden, it is sitting in the right hand stall of our garage.  I am not driving it today and could not drive it in the beautiful top down weather we have had since we came home from London last Tuesday.

No, it isn't hidden but it might as well be.  THE KEYS TO IT ARE HIDDEN.  Why are they hidden and who hid them?  Have I looked for them?

First of all, the keys are hidden out of plain sight so that the burglars, if any were to come while we were gone, would not run off with my Mustang.  

Second, who hid them?  I, Jim, hid them.  But I have forgotten where I hid them.  Next time I will tell Mrs. Jim where I am hiding them and also write down some place where it is that I hid the keys.  I think my memory has gone kaput, perhaps from jet lag.

Lastly, where haven't I looked should be the question.  Mrs. Jim called me from the church (she has her keys, I hid my keys to her car along with my two sets of Mustang keys to keep them out of sight) asking me if I had looked in the jacket pockets hanging in the hall closet.  No, but I looked and of course they weren't there.  Plain and simple, if I knew where to look I could use my car again.

So, if I knew where my hidden keys were I could run my Mustang over to Cut and Shoot, Texas for Texas. It is only 24 miles from our home.

I have blogged about Cut and Shoot a couple of times.  You could review these posts by clicking here

Mostly Cut and Shoot is a growth along State Highway 105 between Conroe and Cleveland, Texas.  But it is a real town.  Cut and Shoot has its own Post Office and City Hall.  It also borders on the Sam Houston National Forest.

- - - - - -
 
So, hidden means lost for Jim.
 
Also, this is Adi with the car.  She died September 17, this year.  (dear Adi)
.
 
Josie, who runs this meme, said: "Get ready for the next round of Two Shoes Tuesday... a place to share what we enjoy doing most... writing! Each week I'll provide a one-word writing prompt and ask you to share a short story, poem, essay, thought, or photo relating to that topic."
"The writing prompt for Tuesday, November 13th will be "hidden"! Her blog is:
http://www.josie2shoes.com/2012/11/two-shoes-tuesday-11-hidden.html

- - - - - -

So, I am really feeling BLUE today because of my hidden lost keys.

If you want to post a MidWeek Blues picture or story, go get directions from Rebecca by clicking on the logo picture on the right. She has a Mr. Linky and good directions . Just do what I did. Or you can do less. All she requires is a BLUE PICTURE or a BLUE STORY.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Well, I certainly hope you find your hidden/lost keys cuz that car is a beauty!
 
I can relate to this one. I hid some very nice jewelry once for the very same reason. It took me years to find that jewelry. It was only when we moved to our new home that I found that jewelry. I didn't tell anyone either. I hope you find your keys sooner than I found my jewelry.

Have a terrific day. :)
 
Jim I can relate to this one times 4. I hide things myself - but I am accused of hiding everyone else's things too. Mom where did you put, grandma you always move things, Sandie where is the ...so I have to keep up with every thing. NOT! I don't more there things. And I am responsible for mine however. Glad you found your keys or that your wife did. lol sandie
 
No, Chatty/Sandie, I have not found them yet. Those are old pictures of it sitting outside.
..
 
Oh dear, this is something I would do, and have done many times, Jim! I think "I will put this in a good place so I will remember it... and then I don't! I have found some of the "lost" items and some I have never "found"! I once placed my car keys in the refrigerator by mistake, they were well hidden and took a lot of searching! :-) I hope you remember where you hid the keys to your beautiful car soon. It was good to see another photo Adi too... such a beloved memory. I know you miss her as much as I miss my Stormy. My lap is much too empty at nights now. Thank you for returning home to play Two Shoes Tuesday, I'm glad you enjoyed such a wonderful time in England!
 
Happens so many times when we keep something in a super safe place only to forget where we had placed it ... Don't worry, it will come back to your memory in a flash :-)
 
This is happening to me almost daily; not only car keys but notebooks, cell phone and books. More than once I have gone through the garbage in my quest! Rest assured they will come back from holiday...one day, when they start missing you too!
 
Oh no! We're so sorry to know about the missing keys. The three sets of keys will appear one day soon, Dr Jim.
 
I have an extra set of keys to everything in a lock box
of course I'll one day lose the key to the lock box :)

Hope sends hugs
 
The first thing I saw when I looked at that picture was Adi... and I certainly thought that was what was hidden...
I do hope you find your keys!
 
Jim, you are a joy! Did you find the keys? Goodness, I sure hope so!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?