Friday, November 09, 2018

Weekend Roundup -- 19-18(b) (for letter "S") -- Reflections too

The 45th issue of Weekend Roundup for this year..
The week's prompts:
(1) Starts with "S"; (2) A Favorite; (3) Shimmering; and (4) Reflections
 

 (1) Starts with "S":  Salad ~~ This is a Chicken Salad Lunch that I made for Mrs. Jim and me.  It was pretty healthy and helped to get rid of some leftovers.


(2) A Favorite: Small Car ~~ I like small cars if they are hopped up a little.   This one is a toy decorator 1949 Nash. (BTW, the fluorescent lights are shimmering (seek # 3 here) in the reflections on the car.)   The number 94 was the Nash's number in the movie, Cars.

My friend back when I was a college dropout and worked in a watch factory (Elgin Nation Watch Company, Lincoln, Nebraska) I had a friend who had one of these when I first met him.  Soon after meeting he traded it for a 1951 Chevy Convertible.


(3) Shimmering:  I like to watch the fixed Web Cams, check on who goes by or who is gone by.  You can check on the Princess ships here: https://www.princess.com/bridgecams/?shipCode=pa


(4) Reflections:  Note the little bird "fishing" alongside the water in our flood control pond.  Click on the photo to the right for a larger view.  

(5) a Bonus:  See below for a SUDOKU that I copied from our newspaper.  It has one of these Puzzles in every issue.  The stars relate the degree of hardness.  One star will be very easy, five stars are very hard.  

All are workable, I like those with up to three stars and will generally work the ones with four.  Five take up too much of my time.

Rules:
(a)  Each row each, up and down, must contain all the numbers,
1 through nine.  Same for the columns.
(b)  Each box must have all nine numbers
Try working this one !!!

_ _ _ _

The fine print:
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews) - The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ for my Reflections Photo.
- Photos and Poem Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
- Click on any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here.








Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Good post.
 
i love salads and that one looks very tasty Jim That is a gorgeous reflection image. Cute little car. I hope you have a great weekend.
 
...chicken 'S'alad, count me in. Neat Nash. There sure are a bunch of Princesses! Did the bird catch anything? 'S'UDOKU is too frustrating for me. Thanks for stopping by, enjoy!
 
I had a chicken caesar salad last night. Delicious. Eating healthy is a good thing.

Have a fabulous weekend, Jim. ☺
 
Looks like a really good salad!
I always enjoy seeing herons fishing, and that is a very pretty reflection photo.
Hope you are having a great weekend!
 
I enjoy Sudoku! And that little Nash is so cute! The salad looks tasty! Nice selections! Have a wonderful weekend!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?