Friday, September 04, 2020

The Letter "J" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections

The thirty-sixth issue of Weekend Roundup for this year, 2020...
(THE TENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "J" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "J";
(B) "Junk" (Tom's Choice);
(C) A Favorite; and
(D) Reflections.
_ _ _ _



(A.1)  Jivey starts with "J".  Aren't we about the Jiviest couple you know,  Mrs. Jim and me at the doctor's office?   We were waiting in the little examination room at the doctor's office.  Nothing major but if you aren't seeing us around you could try the obits.



(A.2) Starts with the Letter "J": Jalapeño Peppers start with "J".  They are very hot although not the most hot.  Photo is a 'screen print' taken from Wikipedia, "Jalapeno Peppers" (link).



(B) "Junk" (Tom's Choice):  You've heard of Junk Food?  We had no idea that all this. would come to our ship's table when we ordered a "Sampler".  Some of it was good, other items were J..nk.


(C) A Favorite:  A Jumbo Texas Grown Watermelon.  Watermelons are one of our favorite foods.  

That won't displace a nice ice cream dish, with strawberries or?  But we do like watermelon a lot.



(D) Reflections:  The Reflection of the TV screen is on the glass topped coffee table.  I did not stage this shot but as soon as I saw what was going on I knew it would be fine posted here.. 

"As seen on TV," the show that comes on at our house, 10:00AM, "The Price is Right".  She wanted the Price to be Just Right.  She only had a "40" from her spin so she spun again to add up to a nice large number.  A 60 would be Just Right as 100 is as high as you are allowed to have.  Higher and you lose out, you are gone.  But her 60 as total was good enough to win a place in the prize bidding. 
_ _ _ _

Bonus Questions:

What is your favorite "J" word?   Mine is Jim, James, Jimmy, Jimmie, or Jimbo.  I was named after my dad, his name was Charles Vernon H...  But his father and brothers called him Jim.   I am officially James Vernon H...  .

Tell about one of your experiences with peppers.  I have a recipe for "Quick and Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers." 

Use precooked boudin, it consists of Cajun spiced sausage and rice, perfect for stuffing precooked (boiled) cut in halves Green Pepper. One link will make two stuffed half bell peppers, a package of Cajun Budin generally comes with two or more links. 
Boil the cut peppers, stuff the peppers, and bake in the oven, probably about 350 degrees until nice and hot, I do seven to ten minutes. (If you've just defrosted the budin and softened the peppers they will be somewhat warmish already>)
You can garnish the top with bread crumbs or even put ketchup on the tops.  Yum Yum.
_ _ _ _  

The fine print:
 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).
- The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
My favorite "J" word is joy. We need more joy in this world.

My pepper story is a Japanese restaurant that I popped a Japanese pepper in my mouth and almost died. Those are way hotter than any peeper I've ever tried. I avoid them all all costs now.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Jim and Mrs. Jim. 😎
 
You and Mrs. Jim look fine in your masks - I'll skip the obits this week thank you! Jalapeño peppers may be hot but can liven up many a dish...that spread is not necessarily junk food, but you take a chance with a sampler - but hey, what did you have to lose :)
 
...oh JIM how you are dating yourself using JIVEY!
...JALAPENO are hot enough for me.
...that one BIG sampler!
...I miss watermelon with seeds, I think that they are sweeter.
Thanks JIM and take care.

 
I enjoyed your jivey post.
 
Hope all went well at the doctor's Jim. My favourite J word would be JOY. If only there was more JOY in the world. Great reflections shot. Have a lovely weekend and stay safe.
 
Always have jalapenos in the fridge. Masks are such a fashion statement these days.
Buffets are not yet allowed here, not sure if they ever will be again. I never liked them so I don't mind. But for some restaurants that is their only business.
 
Wonderful Js. We all look similar when we go to the doc. My favorite J word is June. My middle name.
 
Nice reflections! I just realized that I haven't had any watermelon this summer. :-O
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?