Friday, November 20, 2020

The Letter "U" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections



!!  HAPPY THANKSGIVING  !!

The forty-sixth issue this week of my WEEKEND ROUNDUP postings and ...

(THE TWENTY-SIXTH  LETTER FOR THIS SERIES) - the Letter "U" Prompts are: (A) Starts with the Letter "U";  (B) "Under" (Tom's Choice); (C) A Favorite; (D) Reflections; and (E)  A Lagniappe.

 _ _ _ _  


(A) Starts with the Letter "U":   "Uh" starts with "U".  "Oven" does not start with "U" but the starting "O" has the sound of "Uh"  "uhven".   My TexMex plate has four Oven baked enchiladas, each with different fillings and coverings, and an Alvarado skice, fried rice  and a small bowl of El Charo Beans.    Of course we had corn chips with red and green salsa dips and a bowl of hot melted cheese.  


Wednesday we went with our daughter, SIL, and KP to eat at our newly opened Gringos, A Tex Mex restaurant.  There are now six or seven Gringos in our Houston area.  We have eaten several times at two of the others.


(B) "Under" (Tom's Choice):   We are Under the Sun.  Hierarchy, Us, Clouds, Satellites, Planets, then the Sun.  (In the picture, the white line across the pool is the water line to the bottom scrubber roving machine.)

But this morning we were In the Clouds.  Most mornings low clouds float in from the near Gulf of Mexico and by about ten those clouds have been burned away by the sun.  Earlier this morning the fog was more dense and around ten the should shine if there are no high clouds.  


(C) A Favorite:  My First Christmas Tree post of the year.  In your "spare time" you can check Here, at my Little Christmas Tree Farm blog, to see if and what I am posting this year.  Our December cruise got cancelled so I'll still be here.



(D) Reflections:  Fishing Under the tree reflections.  I don't know what kind of bird this brown bird is, I call it a cousin to the white one that I posted last week.


 
(E)  A Lagniappe:  An Overview of the fishing picture.  This is a water pond, part of our Flood Protection Plan (the Houston area does flood sometimes, caused by Tropical Storms).



There are Walking Trails on both sides of the ditches and ponds.  Twenty+ acres with several miles of paved trails.

 _ _ _ _  

Bonus Questions:

(1)  What if anything are your feelings for either  "TexMex food".    One of our favorite "eat out meals".

(2) What is your favorite "UWord?  Mine today will be "Umbrella."

(3) Anything else here you would like to tell about?

 _ _ _ _ 

 Fine print stuff: 

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews)
 - I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).
 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
(1) What if anything are your feelings for either "TexMex food". I've only had it once in San Antonio. It was very good. I don't think we have it around here. If we did I'd go.

(2) What is your favorite "U" Word? Unconditionally is my U word for today.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Jim. My best to Mrs. Jim. ♥
 
...I'd say UH with a meal like that too!
...most day our cloud cover struggles to burn off.
...keep eating those Hershey's Kisses, I own their stock, sweet!
Take care Jim and have a safe Thanksgiving.
 
Jim WOW! That was some meal. Not for me though. The bird is a Heron and I think in your part of the world is called a blue heron. It does look brown in your photo but that is the dark shadow on it. You may not have recognised it with its long neck tucked into its body like this one. Looks up Blue Heron. when they sit like this they are resting usually , not fishing. Stay safe and have a wonderful weekend.
 
Hello friend Jim..
1. I don't like Tex mex food.
2.My word for today is unbrella because it rains here now a lot this week
And i find your photograps as always very beautiful and the heron says now to us all: its time toe relax this weekend. And wish you and all your visitors and friends a pleasant weekend but stay healty all.Many greetings from the Netherlands.
 
Love most Tex Mex food except hate anything made with corn and also have beans!!!
I had to look up the definition and pronunciation of lagniappe! Can't wait to use it in a sentence!
 
Nice post! I like the reflections and the food looks delicious.

What's and whys. :-)
There are two photos in the link below. Click the top photo to make it as large as possible and you should see two statues on the building in the middle of the photo. Peter on the right and Mary on the left. When you click back to see the whole picture, on the right you'll see a little girl in pink standing under a sign that says "Theatre". There's a window below the sign and that's where the reflection was.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Place_de_la_Trinit%C3%A9
 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING YA'LL
I love the candy kiss commercial it's my fav!! :)
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?