Friday, February 17, 2023

Letter "G" - Friday's Weekend Roundup 10 / Reflections and-or Street/Candid Captures

 - Tom's Requests: Starts with "G"; A Favorite; and Tom's suggestion, "Group". 
 - James' request, Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures.
 _ _ _


Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid CapturesGiant sinkhole swallows trees in Assumption Parish, Louisiana - Truthloader"

 
 

Starts with "G":  "G" will be for Giraffe today.  We were visiting the Houston Zoo and KP was a year and a half old.  These were taken in 2011, see more of that day here.  (see all of my posted ones here)  


Tom's suggestion, "Group":  Golfing Group -- Play day is over, all are in from Golf, driving the club's Green Golf carts.  Three Red Shirted Fellows and eight of us others will now go on to Incredible Pizza who is having 'all you can eat' senior lunch for $4.50 plus tax for the 19th hole eating.  

That four-fifty includes pizza, other entree foods, salad, drinks, and desert.  Alcohol is not served there.  (BTW, about the time we were moving this Golf course closed, not to be reopened.  It was my favorite and the least expensive, $22.00 for Seniors including 1/2 cart.)  (from a search of my blog for the word Golf, click here)


A Favorite:   These are the Countries I've visited that start with "G".

Germany    Great Britain     Greece     Grenada     Guat emala (Photos)



Grenada No, this isn't San Francisco.  Nor is it Kokomo or Aruba, Jamaica, Bermuda, Bahama, Key Largo, or Montego either.
For my Midweek Blues I picked this picture I took of back in 2009 as we pulled into port at Granada.  [Queen Mary 2 Cruise posts

GreeceIn the summer of 2013 we took a Pacific Princess Ship cruise from Venice to Istanbul to Yalta, Ukraine, and then back to Athens Greece.  And of course we stopped along the way, almost every day of the way.

Our first Greece stop was at Volos for the day.  There we visited a couple of old monasteries high atop little mountains.  Our pictures are below:
 
           
[The last picture shows where we were.]
[Click picture to enlarge.  Back Button returns]
 
Our cruise ended in Athens, Greece.  We had been there before.  Back then we had a nice tour of Athens, but that was long ago, it was nice to take one again.  Our tour conveniently ended at the airport.  We try to do that instead of waiting long at the airport for our flight home.

  

A Lagniappe:   This is Mrs. Jim and BP, our next youngest Granddaughter, riding in our Golf Cart in our former subdivision's annual July 4th Golf Cart Parade.   BP was about Eight then, now she has graduated from College with a Master's degree and has a fine job, out of town. (some parade posts from my blog here) 


The Fine Print:

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra-large.] 
 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 
 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Traveler" (click here, Link, for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 
 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).
..

Comments:
My cousin use to live in Greece for many years, it's somewhere I'd love to visit. And I haven't been to the Zoo in years, a favourite one was in Auckland.
 
...G seems to be a GREAT letter for you Jim.
...GIANT sinkholes seem to be a problem in many areas.
...GIRAFFES are a favorite of mine.
...you sure have me beat, I've only been to GERMANY.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your weekend.

 
I like the zoo pictures, I love going to the zoo! It's been a long time, but I've been to many zoos in the USA. I think my favorite two would be San Diego, been to that one several times and the Bronx Zoo and Botanical Gardens, I visited once when I was still in high school. Phoenix has a nice zoo, too. I've never had a desire to go on a cruise. I don't think I would enjoy being in the middle of the ocean for too long a time. I have been rather busy, I'm getting ready to sell my home. I never seem to have the extra time it takes to sit and post to my blog, or even watch a tv show once in a while. My plan to move closer to my family. I'll stay in touch. Have a good week, Jim!
Dawn
 
Greece looks gorgeous.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?